Scary, tanning booths.

Options
2»

Replies

• kblu0816
    kblu0816 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    Someone mentioned something about when you get older, after years of tanning, your skin looks like leather..I've seen people like that and let me tell you. It's alot like getting the benefit now and seeing the cost later. Who wants to look like a dark leather hand bag when they get old because they wanted to look gorgeous and tan when they were young. My grandmother was a lifeguard most of her life and always wore plenty of sunscreen. She still had some skin problems and think had to be burned but at 82!! Her skin is gorgeous, she has color and looks great for her age. She takes great care of her skin and since most of my family is pale, fair skined, and blond, I'm stinking to Jergen's progressively tan lotion and the occasional spray tan.

I used to go in tanning beds so I know how relaxing it is but it's not worth harming my skin even more.
  • healthychic
    healthychic Posts: 298
    Options
    All of these are good posts, I see that most people agree that tanning beds are pretty much suicide beds. lol(at least thats what my friend jerry calls them). I used to go all the time in highschool, but its just not worth it because my skin only hits a certain "color" and thats it, so people wouldn't even notice that I was dark. So really, there is no point for me to go. I think exercising makes you a hell of a lot more happier than tanning, and its a whole lot better for you too :happy: :tongue:

:heart: Danielle