Pork Chops

Options
Daisy_May
Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
So I pulled out pork chops from the freezer this morning because it's all that was in there(I seriously need to go shopping tomorrow) usually I just throw some shake and bake on them but I'm in the mood for something new, any ideas????

Replies

• kblu0816
    kblu0816 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    I love stuffed pork chops. But to make it a lil healthier instead of just getting stove to por something I use stuff I already have in the fridge/freezer.

Butterfly the chops.
    Mince up some celery, onion, peppers, and if you're feeling a lil sweet and savory, apples!
    Mix with some bread crumbs (I usually take wheat bread and process it up real fine)
    Add some italian seasoning and cinamon (if you're using the apples)
    one egg

put the stuffing inside the pork chops and bake away.

Yumm!!!
  • abatres7
    abatres7 Posts: 146
    Options
    I just made some this week. I do pan fry them with no oil of course...I add some seasoning salt on them. Then I warm up some Heinz mushroom gravy and add fresh white button mushrooms. I pour this over the mushrooms, and its delicious. I learned this in High School cooking class, and my family loves it.
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I love stuffed pork chops. But to make it a lil healthier instead of just getting stove to por something I use stuff I already have in the fridge/freezer.

Butterfly the chops.
    Mince up some celery, onion, peppers, and if you're feeling a lil sweet and savory, apples!
    Mix with some bread crumbs (I usually take wheat bread and process it up real fine)
    Add some italian seasoning and cinamon (if you're using the apples)
    one egg

put the stuffing inside the pork chops and bake away.

Yumm!!!
    This could be good, they are crazy thick (I'm talking like at 3 or 4 inches) so it would be good to butterfly them.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I just made some this week. I do pan fry them with no oil of course...I add some seasoning salt on them. Then I warm up some Heinz mushroom gravy and add fresh white button mushrooms. I pour this over the mushrooms, and its delicious. I learned this in High School cooking class, and my family loves it.

Now I know what to do with the package of boneless pork loin chops in my freezer. :flowerforyou:
  • kitn621
    kitn621 Posts: 215
    Options
    Follow this link...this is my FAVORITE recipe with pork chops. They are Soooo tender and even my 4 yr loves this one. Its so yummy!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Mushroom-Pork-Chops/Detail.aspx
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    bumpin to use later - I LOVE PORK CHOPS!:love:
  • Xannthippe
    Xannthippe Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Rosemary Mustard Chops, easy, flavorful and low cal!!!

Pork chops!
    Mustard!
    Onion!
    Rosemary sprigs!
    S & P to taste
    :drinker:
    Slap together in tinfoil tent and bake in the oven.
  • denitchy
    denitchy Posts: 445
    Options
    I took out chops for dinner also.... :tongue:
  • halfacerk
    halfacerk Posts: 41
    Options
    I also took you pork chops for dinner today and was wondering what to do with them!!! BBQ chops sound good to me!
  • melrose24
    melrose24 Posts: 8
    Options
    I love this recipe-it is so easy to make! I also try to find the low-salt & I don't add the salt that is in the recipe. I hope you enjoy it!

Italian Pork Chops (Prevention magazine on-line) :love:

http://recipes.prevention.com/Recipe/ItalianPorkChops.aspx

3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
    4 boneless pork chops or cutlets (about 5 ounces each)
    1 cup (4 ounces) bell pepper strips, any color
    1 cup (4 ounces) sliced red onion
    3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes
    red-pepper flakes
    4 lemon wedges (optional)

1. Coat a large heavy skillet with vegetable oil spray. Place over high heat for 1 minute. Add 1 teaspoon of the oil. Heat for 30 seconds. Place the chops or cutlets in the pan. Cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until browned. Remove to a plate and set aside.
    2. Add the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil to the pan. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the pepper, onion, oregano, and salt. Toss. Cover the pan. Cook, tossing occasionally, for 4 minutes, or until softened.
    3. Add the tomatoes (with juice). Stir to mix. Nestle the reserved chops under the vegetables. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for about 6 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted sideways in the center of a chop registers 160°F and the juices run clear.
    4. Uncover and let stand for 3 minutes. Serve with red-pepper flakes and lemon, if desired.

Nutritional Facts per serving (4 servings)

CALORIES 255.4 CAL
    FAT 11.6 G
    SATURATED FAT 3.3 G
    CHOLESTEROL 89.3 MG
    SODIUM 219.6 MG
    CARBOHYDRATES 5.1 G
    TOTAL SUGARS 2.7 G
    DIETARY FIBER 1.3 G
    PROTEIN 30.7 G
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I just made whiskey peach pork chops from a recipe I got at cooking light online recipe finder. Here is the link, it was yummy:

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1036097

Bourbon-Glazed Pork Chops and Peaches
    Yield

4 servings (serving size: 1 pork chop, 1 peach half, and 2 tablespoons sauce)
    Ingredients

* 1/3 cup bourbon
    * 1/4 cup honey
    * 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
    * 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    * 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
    * 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
    * 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    * 4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut loin pork chops (about 3/4 inch thick), trimmed
    * 2 peaches, halved and pitted
    * Cooking spray

Preparation

Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Add pork chops and peaches; toss well to coat.

Heat a nonstick grill pan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Remove pork and peaches from bowl, reserving the marinade. Place pork and peaches on grill pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until pork is done.

While the pork chops cook, place marinade in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave marinade at HIGH 2 minutes. Spoon over pork and peaches.
    Nutritional Information

Calories:
    285 (29% from fat)
    Fat:
    9.3g (sat 3.1g,mono 4.3g,poly 1.1g)
    Protein:
    26.4g
    Carbohydrate:
    24.3g
    Fiber:
    1.2g
    Cholesterol: