logging C25K on mfp

Options
Hi there.

Anyone know the best way to log my C25K run on mfp. I'm only on week 1. I thought maybe as 30 minutes brisk walk but wasn't sure.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I logged it as jogging at whatever the average pace was over the entire time and input the calories burned from my HRM.
  • Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I didn't wear my heart rate monitor unfortunately. I'm not eating my exercise cals back at the minute (I'm saving that so I have somewhere to go when I plateau) so it prob doesn't matter that much about logging it but I was so pleased that I had bit the bullet and started it, I just wanted to record it :)
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I logged the jogging and the walking separately.

So, I'd add up the jogging times (I believe week 1 was 8 jogging intervals of 1 minute each, so 8 minutes of jogging, probably at 5 mph) and then the rest as "brisk walking" (around 22 minutes).
  • clariangel
    clariangel Posts: 156 Member
    Options

So, I'd add up the jogging times (I believe week 1 was 8 jogging intervals of 1 minute each, so 8 minutes of jogging, probably at 5 mph) and then the rest as "brisk walking" (around 22 minutes).

I do the same!
  • lilyvale68
    lilyvale68 Posts: 96 Member
    Options

I do the same!

Me too!
  • Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    That makes sense. I'll do that. Thanks
  • HotHol
    HotHol Posts: 52 Member
    Options

I do the same!

Me too!

and me to. I am on week 1...just did day 2 today....I would love to befriend others who have just started this for motivation...what day are you all at?
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My first couple weeks I just averaged, but about week 3 I just added up the number of running min and the walking and logged them separately.
  • carrie1013
    carrie1013 Posts: 129
    Options
    I just finished day 2 also, anyone around the same feel free to friend request me.
  • softballsharie
    softballsharie Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I've just been logging week 1 as 30 minutes at the fastest walking pace, so that MFP doesn't give me more cals than I deserve. This will probably need adjusting as intensity increases, but for now I think that's good enough. :]
  • losethechalupa
    losethechalupa Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Good tip on logging the jogging and walking seperately!! I just downloaded the app to my phone and will be on day 1 tonight whoohoo!!
  • e_NV_y
    e_NV_y Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Im on week two.. doing 2nd run today.. LETS DO IT!! :)
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I started week 2 yesterday, but I wear my hrm so I enter the figures from that.
  • ckdub428
    ckdub428 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    At first I as adding the jogging and the alking seperatley and then my husband got a smart phone and now I use the Runkeeper app. Love it!