goal weight by new years???

Options
okay... this whole week i've been really good! i've started a strict diet and i've stuck to it this entire week, but i've got the munchies right now. one of my bad habits is eating late at night [usually bad stuff too] so i'm really trying to kick that habit. i've been munching on baby carrots and drinking lots of water. it's helped, but it was just doing that math of how long it'll take if i lose 2 pounds a week. my goal is 40 pounds, which, at 2 lbs a week, will take me 20 weeks. so basically at the end of 2009. so, by new years, i should be at my goal weight. which, i'm sure in retrospect will go by quickly. but, i just can't help but think how much time that's going to be. i hope i can do it. am i going about it the wrong way? i don't know. help!

Replies

• beccaleathers
    Options
    That's my goal right now too (two pound/week) I would never do it that fast though if I didn't HAVE to. I have a bridesmaid dress to fit into that doesn't zip right now :) So I'm really left with no choice. Basically, fear of total embarrassment has me motivated like never before (well, since my wedding day). Anyway, if I were you, I would just do 1 pound per week and enjoy the process a little more :) The way I see it, for me anyway, is I've been leaning on the heavy side for ten years (minus my wedding day era), SO even if it took me a year it would be a huge step :) Good luck though!
  • shansd
    shansd Posts: 48
    Options
    I have been on a goal of 60 pounds in 6 months of which so far I have lost 36 and it will be four months in 1 1/2 weeks. So far I am right on track.
    I won't lie and say it flew by but the first 30 days were definitely the longest. I bought the biggest loser 30 day kick start book and I loved it. It really helped explain some things and gives 30 days of meal plans and recipes. I would recommend it any day.
    I have been eating 1400 calories a day, lots of protein, lots of veggies, lots of fruit. For the first 30 days I ate very little bread/pasta/rice but have since incorporated a little more back in (staying within my calories)
    I did a lot of research on different foods and what they do for you.
    I also spent some time trying to even out my acidity level in my body (which should help in weight loss but is just plain healthy to do anyways)
    I also workout 5-6 days a week but always make sure to take that one days rest and alternate workouts.
    I am learning to run and just completed 3 K of running today and I weight train 3-4 times a week.

In short what I am trying to say is that it has not been easy and not exactly flown by but man oh man has it been worth it.
    Set goals for yourself that are not just weight loss but also inches and exercise goals. And make sure to set some smaller goals so that you can reward yourself along the way.

Keep your chin up and stay focused and you will get there!
    I hope that helps.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,991 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Take it one day at a time

Stay focused on right eating and exercising

Reward yourself for healthy behaviours

Never,never, never give up:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    i want to eat right now!:sad: I already went over 22 calories:cry: and i am thinking about watermelon, its 9:34pm!!:grumble: !!

dont know if i can make it!:explode:
  • junkgypsy
    junkgypsy Posts: 217
    Options
    On the nights when I want to eat real bad and know I shouldn't, I'd take a light sleep aid if I needed help, and just go ahead and go to bed.

I always felt better about myself in the morning for not giving in, and it's easier to not eat when you're sleeping, lol.