Need a Kick Start!

Options
I appear to be having a pity party for myself today. Which is causing me to be terribly honest with myself. I am totally irritated with the fact that I am stuck at a 10 lb loss and going nowhere fast! I am overly critical of myself.

I am busting my @$$ with exercise compared to my previous daily life. I am eating better, still have some rough days. I have a workout buddy who doesn't take any bull excuses and I have to listen to. She's my sister, so she isn't always nice about it.

I have been on numerous other web sites researching calorie intake and calories burned. I can't help but wonder if MFP doesn't have me eating to little for my size, causing "starvation mode" as I have read about. There is a variance of 200-750 calories. Maybe I should try eating a little more?

I need a kick start! HELP!!!

Replies

• abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I think this site is all about finding out what works for you. I have a friend who decided to do maintenance on here and ended up loosing.

While I don't suggest that for everyone, I do suggest switching things up from time to time to see if it'll make a different. Try eating some more for a week or so and see what happens. Or try working out doing different exercises. It's all about finding what works for you.
  • twogirlsmama
    twogirlsmama Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've started switching up the exercise already. I added biking and walk/ run intervals this week. I normally do zumba, walking, and stair stepping. I'm going to up the calories a bit to see what it does. I can't give up. I have to do this for me!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    i can't see your diary, so I don't know what your calorie goal is, but it often puts people at 1200 - which is not enough. I have broken several plateaus by eating more. I typically eat 1600-2100 calories a day. you MUST eat back some if not all of your exercise calories too. Have you looked into what your bmr is??

*also have you taken measurements? Often you'll be losing inches but the number on the scale can appear stalled.

additionally, what kind of exercising are you doing? strength training is very important, and I know a lot of women gravitate towards mostly cardio.

sw 303.4 (1/1/11)
    cw 196.4 (down 107lbs)
    gw 160
  • twogirlsmama
    twogirlsmama Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    SW 257
    CW 247
    GW 199, I'm allowing myself roughly a year.

My initial goal was 10 lbs, now it's 7lbs. I'm taking baby steps toward my destination. I'm not ready to share my diary yet. It's a comfort thing. I'm currently at 1770. I do eat back most of my exercise calories. Some days there are a few hundred left, but never more than 300.

I took initial measurements and haven't again in about 3 weeks. I'm deciding that the scale is not my friend. I have been doing some research today and my BMR is 1875. So maybe I'm actually eating to much? I'm new to all of this and a little perplexed right now.

I do tend to go to the cardio because it burns more calories. How much strength training should I implement and when?