Bad night last night

Options
Well, I really need to get back on track today. For some reason (maybe PMS?) I ate WAAAAAY too much last night. I don't know what triggered it. I was very relieved when I got on the scale and hadn't gained this morning, so I figure that is a "reprieve" and I had better take advantage of it and start fresh today. The real bummer is I am working today (I do clerical subbing for our local school district) so I won't be able to get much exercise in. I am trying not to mentally beat myself up, but it it hard. I have been doing so well, why am I blowing it????? Ok, got that off my chest, thanks.

Replies

• time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Well, I really need to get back on track today. For some reason (maybe PMS?) I ate WAAAAAY too much last night. I don't know what triggered it. I was very relieved when I got on the scale and hadn't gained this morning, so I figure that is a "reprieve" and I had better take advantage of it and start fresh today. The real bummer is I am working today (I do clerical subbing for our local school district) so I won't be able to get much exercise in. I am trying not to mentally beat myself up, but it it hard. I have been doing so well, why am I blowing it????? Ok, got that off my chest, thanks.
  • prrizza425
    prrizza425 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. Dieting isn't all or nothing. It's a lifestyle change. Just by thinking about it you are way ahead of a lot of other people. Getting off track doesn't mean you are off for good, just get back on and keep going! Your not "blowing it," your just human. In fact you can look at it as a success because you will get back on track after wavering a bit and then know that you can do it. Good luck and good job.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Oh stop it!!

You need to have one of those days.... I have it every other week.. ok, every week =)
    Just get back on track and you'll be fine.
  • nancym
    nancym Posts: 49
    Options
    Hey there time2wrk,
    How many times over the decades I have said that. With halloween candy in the house and all the bad food out there when I drive around, I hear it calling me. It is hard when you have an overwhelming or unconscious eating episode. Eating with thinking is my biggest problem.
    I heard somewhere that if you feel overwhelming compulsion to eat it is your body telling you 2 things: You are dehydrated (I have tried this and sometimes it works, sometimes not) , and the second is
    You are on the verge of dropping noticeable weight, (That is noticeable as far as the scale goes, like a pound or more.)
    My scale, which is expensive, registeres by the hundredth of a # so I generally get a positive feedback, even if it 1/100th of a pound.
    Everyone here has been in your situation too many times. When this happens to me now I just move beyond it, as though it didn't happen and crack down on my eating lifestyle (not a diet as I am supposed to be eating like this for the rest of my life).
    You WILL overcome this episode and besides we all have a wild eating day. Either plan for it or wait for it to happen.
    The good news is you recognize it and stopped. Awesome
    Good luck
    nancym
  • nancym
    nancym Posts: 49
    Options
    Healthier_Me
    cool pumpkin.
    nancym
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    THanks you guys, I just ate a healthy breakfast and feel ready to get back on track. I will tell myself that yesterday was a "break". It's easier to help someone else shrug it off rather than yourself. At least I will be subbing at a middle school today instead of an elementary. Elementary schools ALWAYS have treats sitting around for staff!!!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Thanks nancy =)
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    time2wrk will you shrug mine off for me? I ate 2 oatmeal raisin cookies for breakfast. Oatmeal is good for you isn't it?? lol Anyway I'm glad I'm the school bus driver, there are no treats hanging around and I like that just fine. I'm an "if it's around I'll eat it "kind of person,but I'm trying really hard not to be anymore. Today I must just be craving oatmeal because I had it for snack. I'll really start to worry if I want it for lunch too. lol I'm glad there are people to talk to when this happens because I don't feel like I'm facing it all alone. You go girl! I'll get back on track too. See ya in the posts, kjl
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up, just get back to it. You can't un-do what is already done, so just say to yourself "I am focused and back on track". One day isn't going to ruin everything. You're doing great...you need to take a break once in a while and then get back to it.
  • ahertel0214
    ahertel0214 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    No worries - I overdid it last night too.

Great workout and had around 1000 calories left for the day. So... since I was taking my daughter to a pumpkin carving party we stopped at McDonalds. I ate about 400 calories over my limit!

Today is a new day & I'm sure all will be fine.

Have a GREAT day!