momma's of young kids looking to lose it big time!

Options

Replies

• jwilson2001
    jwilson2001 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    With everyone else here! Feel free to add me! I have a wonderful 4 year old son. I was physically active before I became pregnant with him. I have alway worked full-time. After he was born, I lost all the pregnancy weight. But, when I returned to work, the weight came back on and I was over my weight when I entered the hospital at full-term!! But, when not at work, I am busy with my son & husband or cleaning. I need to find time for me! Right now, I am working out after my son goes to bed but then it is late at night and hard to put my all into the workout. I would love all the support I can get - especially from others in the same boat as me!
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids; 9, 7 & 5 and they keep me so busy, plus I work 32 hours/week. I have to schedule "me" time which has been my workout time. Getting fit and healthy is something I want and need to feel good! Plus a happy mom equals a happy family!
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you, folks. I have 3 1/2 year old twins, and a stay-at-home husband. When I take time for myself I feel GUILTY! Most of my current weight came AFTER the twins were born. I shifted from being very active to suddenly home with 2 infants, and gained a ton of weight. Now finally trying to take it off...in 10 more pounds, I'll be at the weight I was when I came home from the hospital after they were born. (GROAN!!)
  • carrie1013
    carrie1013 Posts: 129
    Options
    Hey!! I have 3 kids, all involved in sports, clubs, etc. They run me ragged and dont leave me much time for myself. Having other Moms, who understand and go through the same thing, as a support system is priceless.
  • kgillikin
    kgillikin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I am mother to a 4 year old boy and 2 year old girl/boy twins. I can not seem to get rid of the weight after the twins and it is all in my gut.
  • roycelynberry
    roycelynberry Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    same here 4 kiddos ages 10, 6, 2 1/2 and 7 months and well they are a big reason why I am doing this I am doing it for myself and them I want to be around for them for a long time and someday my future grandkids. I actually lost weight after my 7 month old 20 pounds I am a stay at home mom and I went through a depression mode and I am a comfort eater so 2 months later I gained 30 pounds.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm a mama of three little ones. Audrey is 3 1/2, Harrison will be 2 next month, and Vivienne is almost 3 months.

I lost about 30 pounds in the first 6 weeks after Vivienne was born and I weigh 10-15 pounds less than I did when I got pregnant with Audrey! I've been having a difficult time eating enough, I'm having to eat about 3000 calories because I'm pumping almost 50 ounces of milk a day. My weight has been fluctuating a little because of sodium consumption. I've still got about 30 pounds to go before I reach my goal.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    My kids are 3.5 and 2. Add me if you want.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I'm a mama of three little ones. Audrey is 3 1/2, Harrison will be 2 next month, and Vivienne is almost 3 months.

I lost about 30 pounds in the first 6 weeks after Vivienne was born and I weigh 10-15 pounds less than I did when I got pregnant with Audrey! I've been having a difficult time eating enough, I'm having to eat about 3000 calories because I'm pumping almost 50 ounces of milk a day. My weight has been fluctuating a little because of sodium consumption. I've still got about 30 pounds to go before I reach my goal.

Our kids are around the same age, well I don't have a third. You are doing great with your hands full.
  • woldlin
    woldlin Posts: 1
    Options
    I've been working out consistently for a few months and finally in the last week shed 2 lbs! Even though I'm not seeing much movement in my scale I'm seeing the difference in the way my clothes are fitting and thats more important to me!

I enjoy going to the gym, my biggest struggle is where I work. I work for a chocolate company and have temptations all around me! I've limited my chocolate intake and try to bring sweet substitutes to avoid over eating the chocolate.

I have two little ones, 3 and 1 1/2, not a lot of time for me to plan healthy meals - I would LOVE some recipe or quick meal advice for a busy mom!

thanks!
  • Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    CHEERS TO ALL THE MOMMA's.:drinker:

I have a 5.5yr old girl and a boy 3yrs old and it is hard to put yourself first when you have little ones. But now i make time to go to the gym, just to have some me time.

Thanks goodness my gym has child care, if not, i guess i would be working out at home, with the kids crawling all over me ;)

Make it a great day Ladies

~Chika
  • Mommapea2012
    Mommapea2012 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have 4 children 9 7 5 3 and 5 daycare children I am insane lol
  • ladyfingers39
    Options
    Here, here!!! :) I have a 6 and 4 year old....give me a add :)
  • kturn6420
    kturn6420 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have a 6 year old and a 3 year old and like some of the PP's said have the hardest time finding healthy dinners to make that they will eat! Feel free to add me!
  • popsical101
    Options
    I have a 2 year old and a 1 year old I put on alot of weight now its time to loose it. Find it hard fitting in exercise time as I work aswel x x x x
  • awandell
    awandell Posts: 62
    Options
    Hey! I just saw this thread and thought "Hey! That's me!"

I've got 3 littles, 6, 5, and 3. The 6 year old is homeschooling, so I'm pretty busy but getting in my workout every morning on the treadmill! Praise the Lord for a treadmill in the garage! Wonder what I will do when it's 100 degrees out though!

I'm going to keep up with you guys here. I have really struggled to get the baby weight off and have just added more with each baby. Now it's a race against time, trying to reverse where my body is currently headed: towards diabetes, heart disease, and early death.

These kids and my husband are huge motivators for me. Looking forward to getting to know you ladies better!
  • awandell
    awandell Posts: 62
    Options
    woldlin, I'm not long into this, but a staple for me is a simple rice, broccoli, and cheese casserole. Sometimes I'll add in chicken, but I'm trying to lean more towards plant based proteins, so we're limiting the meats. It saves time limiting meats for sure! On the casserole, I make a ton of it and just eat it on the go. It works for the kiddos too. Any other mommas have some healthy staples that work well for the kids as well? Would love some more ideas as I'm sure some day I'll grow tired of the same casserole all the time!
  • KimberRay
    Options
    Hi, I'm a mommy to two little girls ages 4 and 2. I'm turning 40 in August and need to drop about 60 pounds. I'm looking for all the support I can get. Please add me.
  • greenmm25
    greenmm25 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    yes I feel ya, i do my work outs in the morning while playing peace keeper between my three little ones 5, 4, and 2 but I keep pushing and have seen results but it is hard sometimes.