recipe websites?

Options
andreasoulcastle
andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
Can you guys share some good recipe websites with me, I am trying to get some new meals in my regimen.

Thx,

Andrea

Replies

• rjdoell
    rjdoell Posts: 13
    Options
    I look for websites that show nutrition information. They're harder to find. I did find that Kraft Foods and Women's Day both have recipes with nutrition info.
  • lauracochrane
    Options
    I find www.taste.com.au a great site for all kinds of recipes
  • lynnv
    lynnv Posts: 4
    Options
    epicurious.com has recipes from Gourmet and Bon Appetit and chowhound.com has a recipe section and a recipe subscription service, via email. Good luck!
  • 21alpine
    21alpine Posts: 41
    Options
    I found www.dlife.com with thousands of recipes for diabetics or if your looking for something low carb this would be a great site. It has the nutritional values listed as well.

Janet
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of recipe websites out there! I like All Recipes website and The Recipe World
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    www.hungry-girl.com

but beware it uses a lot of processed pre-packaged foods in the recipes.
  • judymari
    judymari Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i use the tasteofhome.com site a lot! You can usually get the calorie/nutrition breakdown on them as well. Or if i want to find a recipe based on what i have on hand, you can do an advanced search (under the recipe tab), so if i want to use tuna and tomatoes, etc then find the recipes that use (up to 4) ingredients you put in...
  • jlefton1212
    jlefton1212 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I like the Recipe Corner at the website for the American Institute for Cancer Research. Their approach emphasizes the need to choose mostly plant foods, limit red meat and avoid processed meat. It's not that they are all vegetarian recipes, but they do a good job of creating recipes (like jambalaya, stews, stirfrys, and kabobs) that contain meat but use smaller portions of it. They also have a lot of recipes with beans, etc. I think it is a great method for reducing costs as well!
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    bump
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I use allrecipes.com and recipezaar.com. Both provide complete nutritional info for their recipes.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I like cookinglight.com too. It has some really good recipes on it.
  • 21alpine
    21alpine Posts: 41
    Options
    bump ! :flowerforyou:
  • nzfoxy
    nzfoxy Posts: 29
    Options
    BUMP
  • m_b_walton
    m_b_walton Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there...very new at this......I totally agree the Kraft website has tremendous recipes for lower calorie cooking indicating all the nutrition elements :flowerforyou:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    These are some great sites that I use. I'm a vegetarian...not saying that you should change your lifestyle...but these could help with making veggie dishes differently than you would normaly prepare them.

www.vegcooking.com
    www.vegkitchen.com
    www.vegweb.com
    www.vegancooking.com

:flowerforyou:
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I like www.whfoods.com - specially reading through the nutrition values of grains/veggies etc.
  • mamamia866
    mamamia866 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    DE-BUMP. better homes and gardens (bhg.com) has good recipes... 20 minute recipes, summer recipes, holiday recipes, etc, and all show nutrition info.
  • rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I have been watching Hulu online TV shows, like food network and other recipes. I love Ellie Krieger's show "healthy living"

I downloaded the hulu desktop app, but you can watch online.

and Youtube has lots of cooking shows I need to check out.

Oh and one more.....the audio podcast The Nutrition Diva has some wonderful tips

http://nutritiondiva.quickanddirtytips.com
  • daisylou
    daisylou Posts: 118
    Options
    I love allrecipes.com. Iv'e been using it for a few years and now they list nutritional values. I'm not sure how accurate it is, but I check therefor a recipe before I look anywhere else.