Seattle, WA

Options
I'm going to be there for a couple days, and i'll get some time to explore at night. What are the restaurants or spots I MUST GO TO?! Thanks.

Replies

• WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    What do you like to eat? What do you like to do?

I enjoy eating food, and if I know I'm going out, I will 'save' all my calories or work out extra just so I can go out to eat.
  • kevinwk
    kevinwk Posts: 77
    Options
    Pioneer Square is great, its south downtown before you get to the stadiums. Lots of places to eat, great bars and places to socialize.
  • RedHotChiliSteppers
    RedHotChiliSteppers Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I like to eat all kinds of foods. I am not on a strict diet so all types of food are welcome. I work out everyday so its all good. Just trying to make the most out of my visit, some unique great places!

Thanks, I will have to check out Pioneer Square!

Any other suggestions?
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    d.i.ck.'s burgers! iconic seattle burger joint, and simply the best!

edited for "profane" name :P
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    PIKE PLACE MARKET :D I loved the Experience Music Project. the original Starbucks, and Mt. Rainier!
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    oooh, and Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown (downtown seattle area). always crowded, always good. I go there only once a year on my birthday. I've lived in Seattle for 12 years, why can't I think of more places?
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I like to eat all kinds of foods. I am not on a strict diet so all types of food are welcome. I work out everyday so its all good. Just trying to make the most out of my visit, some unique great places!

Thanks, I will have to check out Pioneer Square!

Any other suggestions?

Good greasy spoon: The 5 Point Cafe-best Chicken Fried Steak you will ever have, in the men's bathroom there is a periscope at the urinal and it is pointed toward the Space Needle. (the service is a little 'abrupt'-just go with it, and you'll be fine, not that they aren't nice, they are kinda like the "get in, whadda-ya wanna eat?" atmosphere )

Central Saloon (in Pioneer Square)-Seattle's oldest and first bar/saloon-open since 1892, they served the gold miners during the gold rush

Cowgirls Bar (in Pioneer Square)- a bar just like the one in Coyote Ugly, a meat market and mechanical bull.

The New Orleans-if you like bluesy/zydeco/jazz music-food service sucks though. Food is OK. (there is a better cajun place close to the market)

Walk around Pike Place market and watch then toss the fish..then go downstairs and keep walking down down down to the waterfront. Ye Ole Curiosity Shoppe is on the waterfront, kitchy tourist items, but also a sort of Ripley's Museum-there is a 2 headed cow, mummy (Sylvester) lots of 5 cent 'peep show' movies from the Victorian era.

If you like seafood: Anthony's on the Waterfront is 'fine dining' seafood, for a more casual place the Crab Pot (near the Curiosity Shoppe) is also good, they put butcher paper on your table and dump everything on it, give you hammers and crab crackers to get to the goods.

In the Pike Place area: Fado Irish pub (it's in the Alley), The Pink Door. Beecher's Handmade Cheese has *THE* best Mac & Cheese I've ever had (they were featured on Oprah's Favorite Things) they also have excellent cheese. Lowell's (inside the market) has the best breakfast. The bakery at the main entrance (behind the pig) has wonderful cannoli's

Have a good time here!
  • RedHotChiliSteppers
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone, I have lots of ideas!
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Not that you'll be in Silverdale, but if you are looking for classy dining with a view, bring a date to the Yacht Club Broiler. The views are incredible.

The last time I was in Seattle, it was as a resting spot before a long hike through the Hoh Valley, the only natural rainforest in the continental United States. It's a gorgeous trail and a good place to go camping if you have some extra time.

Funny story about Liberty Bay Bakery & Cafe in Poulsbo, Washington. A few years ago, I was vacationing in Seattle and happened to go to Poulsbo where my grandmother used to paint. The most beautiful girl worked behind the counter at this bakery; unfortunately, my flight back to DC was the next morning. I knew the next time that I would be in Seattle would be for my grandfather's funeral, so I candidly asked the girl out under the circumstances that it wouldn't be until I was back for the funeral. She said yes [of course]. Unfortunately, my grandfather remarried and moved to Colorado before passing away there last year. So I haven't been back to Poulsbo to see the girl behind the counter of the bakery. Why don't you stop there, tell her the story and then take her to Pike's Place?
    -wtk
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,620 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite Seattle restaurants is Daniel's Broiler (on Lake Union). Yummy! For something more laid-back and casual, The Pike Pub is awesome.

Daniel's:
    http://www.schwartzbros.com/pr_restaurants_daniels.cfm

Pike Pub:
    http://www.pikebrewing.com/welcome_intro.html
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    I lived in the area for over 10 years. It is a great city. I loved the Crab Pot and Ivers down on the water front for great sea food. Of course the Cheesecake Factory is always yummy. That is located right downtown.

You should see the Pacific Science Center and EMP if possible. Pikes Place Market is fun too. Make sure to see the fish throwing.

I am very jealous. I would love to move back there.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    bump for ideas for my next trip there :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • spottedlee
    spottedlee Posts: 372
    Options
    13 Coins,,, opens 24/7
    125 Boren Avenue North
    Seattle, WA 98109
    Phone: (206) 682-2513

DELIOUS food, good price too

There also another one near airport,, just across the street from airport in fact,, YOU MUST go there if you have time to kill at airport... walking distance
    18000 International Blvd.
    Seatac, WA 98188
    Phone: (206) 243-9500

Look it up,, www.13coins.com
  • spottedlee
    spottedlee Posts: 372
    Options
    d.i.ck.'s burgers! iconic seattle burger joint, and simply the best!

edited for "profane" name :P
    OHMYGOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH to die for! Bestest greeasy fast food burger in town!

http://www.ddir.com/
  • Andrea681
    Andrea681 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    If you are coming to Seattle you MUST go to one of Tom Douglas's places. He is an iconic Seattle chef and a great person! We love Brave Horse Tavern for great bar food (save your calories for this one) and shuffleboard. If you want to go a bit fancier check out The Daliah Lounge or Palace Kitchen. Have fun!!!
  • spudman1232
    Options
    The Crab Pot is Awesome!!

http://www.thecrabpotseattle.com/
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Try any of the asian restaurants in International district or what used to be Chinatown!
  • RedHotChiliSteppers
    Options
    Not that you'll be in Silverdale, but if you are looking for classy dining with a view, bring a date to the Yacht Club Broiler. The views are incredible.

The last time I was in Seattle, it was as a resting spot before a long hike through the Hoh Valley, the only natural rainforest in the continental United States. It's a gorgeous trail and a good place to go camping if you have some extra time.

Funny story about Liberty Bay Bakery & Cafe in Poulsbo, Washington. A few years ago, I was vacationing in Seattle and happened to go to Poulsbo where my grandmother used to paint. The most beautiful girl worked behind the counter at this bakery; unfortunately, my flight back to DC was the next morning. I knew the next time that I would be in Seattle would be for my grandfather's funeral, so I candidly asked the girl out under the circumstances that it wouldn't be until I was back for the funeral. She said yes [of course]. Unfortunately, my grandfather remarried and moved to Colorado before passing away there last year. So I haven't been back to Poulsbo to see the girl behind the counter of the bakery. Why don't you stop there, tell her the story and then take her to Pike's Place?
    -wtk

Will do my man! haha remember a name?
  • RedHotChiliSteppers
    Options
    I am so overwhelmed. ha I am prob only going to get to spend the dinner-sleep hours out and about in Seattle.. So much to see! Kind of bummed the conferences will take up my time during the day! haha
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,620 Member
    Options
    Here's another suggestion: Voula's Offshore Cafe (featured on Guy Fieri's Diners, Drive-Ins, and Drives):
    http://voulasoffshore.com/