cal intake...

Options
I am afraid that I am not eating enough calories in a day...and that if I am getting anywhere close to it, its not from good food.
I am supposed to be eating like 1500 cal in a day, and right now I'm at like 550... and the days over.

and I am eating 3 meals a day.

Replies

• ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    That is not enough calories. Your body will fight your weight loss attempts if it thinks there is a food shortage. You will actually lose more weight by eating more calories. You will also lose muscle instead of fat at that pace. Please up your calories.
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    How the heck can 3 meals add up to 550 cals? What do your meals consist of?
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    What are these meals you speak of? Carrots, celery, and water? Obviously you aren't eating enough.
  • Aryel168
    Aryel168 Posts: 126
    Options
    How the heck can 3 meals add up too 550 cals? What do your meals consist of?

I was thinking the same thing. I ate almost that in dinner tonight (460 calories)
  • marchegt
    marchegt Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Throw into your diet some nut butters, almonds, peanuts, cottage cheese, lean meats, beans... make up a delicious chili with extra lean ground beef, tons of veggies and 2 cans of beans for dinner! yumm! For breakfast try some oatmeal with a tbsp of almond butter mixed in (or toast with the same!), a handful of almonds and a fruit (strawberries, and orange, banana). Maybe a glass of milk (skim if you dont like the fat).

So many options for eating more! 550 calories is NOTHING. I would starve eating only that in a day!