Looking for C25K Motivation

Options
HotHol
HotHol Posts: 52 Member
Hey all..
I am just starting on the C25K program.....on Week 1 Did Day 2 today....I have never been a runner...but after doing Jillian Michaels DVD's (30 Day Shred, and Ripped in 30) for the past 70 days I am very excited to start this program and get OUTSIDE!... I plan to do the runs 3 Days a week...and still do Jillian DVD's 5 Days a week.
So I am looking for friends who are just starting out on the C25K Program...I couldn't find a current group....

Replies

• soccer8s
    soccer8s Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done, but I'll support ya if you need extra encouragement!
  • 6to36
    6to36 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi HotHal,

I too just started, I'm only 5 runs in, but today I finished my first one without taking a walking break, so I was very excited! (I have gained 20lbs recently, and feel very out of shape).

Are you finding the Jillian Shred video helps with your running stamina?
    :)
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    My wife is on week 6 (or 7) of the NHS podcast for Couch to 5k. On week 1 she said to me there was no way she was going to be able to do this, she was dying at just a 1 minute run. She stuck with it and today ran 25 minutes. 4 of her friends have now download it also and are underway.

It really works and is very rewarding.
  • jgerbe2
    jgerbe2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday. I will do my second run tomorrow. I will send you a friend request.
  • frogman4591
    frogman4591 Posts: 135
    Options
    I was never a runner. I just finished the C25K program last week and it is very doable. Just keep going. doesn't matter if you are setting speed records or not. I am now working on High Intensity Interval Training(HIIT) in preparing for my summer races. I am 57 years old and haven't been in this good of shape for years.
  • ckdub428
    ckdub428 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I did week 6 day 1 yesterday. I was terrified to start running, but it hasn't been bad at all! Get some good shoes, and some good music and go for it!!

myfitnesspal.com/blog/ckdub428
  • kpittman0612
    Options
    I am on Week 4 Day 2 and I NEVER thought I would be able to run for 5 straight minutes but I was able to complete it. You will get there too. There are many times I have wanted to stop but what helps me is to think "only 30 more seconds, only 15 more seconds...." You will get there! I usually have my two children with me in the jogging stroller and they make it even more challenging but if you push thru the results are amazing! I am also on Day 21 of 30 Day Shred and I have found that since I started doing the 30DS it made my run easier.

I have never been a runner and this program has motivated me to sign up for my first 5K on April 21st!

Hang in there!!!!
  • phillieschic
    Options
    When I run this evening, I will be Week 1, Day 2. I found the first one too easy...and actually upped the ante a little. :) Add me!
  • HotHol
    Options
    My wife is on week 6 (or 7) of the NHS podcast for Couch to 5k. On week 1 she said to me there was no way she was going to be able to do this, she was dying at just a 1 minute run. She stuck with it and today ran 25 minutes. 4 of her friends have now download it also and are underway.

It really works and is very rewarding.

That is motivating news!! Congrats to your wife from me....I was just at the 1 min run this morning thinking the same thing LOL...
  • HotHol
    Options
    Hi HotHal,

I too just started, I'm only 5 runs in, but today I finished my first one without taking a walking break, so I was very excited! (I have gained 20lbs recently, and feel very out of shape).

Are you finding the Jillian Shred video helps with your running stamina?
    :)

I find it fine....I wanted to start running though to add more Cardio...as I've been doing the Jillian Shred vid's for over 64 days...
  • Tweetboo
    Tweetboo Posts: 1
    Options
    I did 1st C25K day yesterday and just got back on this site today. I'm 20 lbs over last summer weight and refuse to buy a bigger size, so I have no shorts. :smile: Quit smoking Jan 2011 so it's hard to run, but it's time for me to get going. I'm on the treadmill until I get brave enough to be seen outside jogging. walked at 3.3 mph and jogged at 4.2 mph. Slow, but it was a jog.... After I finished the day 1 workout, I kept walking at 3mph until I hit 3 miles. it was almost too easy, but I'm sure it won't stay that way.
  • jennrun10
    Options
    Great to hear you are getting in to running. I am fairly new here so it is nice to see a fellow runner. I have been running seriously for the past 3 year and on and off before that.

Keep it up and welcome!