SUPPORT

Options
Hi,I'm havng a bit of a problem logging onto MFP on.a daily basis, feeling I don't just have the time. I have my spurts of motivation logging my food intake, and the calorie consumption.......makes you think twice before you put something in your mouth. Then I get discouraged because I haven't seen as much results as I would like. Any suggestions on how to stay true to myself and MFP?

Replies

• yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Find good friends who will keep you accountable and motivated :flowerforyou:
  • chandra38
    chandra38 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Do you have a smartphone? that has helped me since I can log my exercise right at the gym, log my food where ever I may be eating, etc. If not, maybe buy a small notebook to keep in your pocket or bag and bring it out when you eat. Then, when you get online to MFP, write down everything in it. Another thing that has helped me is to log on to MFP as much as I check my e-mail, Facebook, whatever is important to me. I find the more I log in here, the more I think about what I'm going to put into my mouth. Hope that helps. :)
  • greenmm25
    greenmm25 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    i use the app on my phone I think they are both on the android and iphones.
  • Summerlove1993
    Summerlove1993 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I understand your problem. I am great all day logging into my iphone while at work. At home, I don't get good service, and I get frustrated. Then I tend to skip documenting the remainder calories of the day. When I do that, I really get in trouble.

16215868.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options
    i use the app on my phone I think they are both on the android and iphones.
    I also use the MFP app on my phone it helps
    when you are out and about....
  • CHRISTCENTERED
    CHRISTCENTERED Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your support ideas :smile:
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    use your phone and make some friends on here that you really like.
  • Balice57
    Balice57 Posts: 125
    Options
    The Android phone app is fantastic. I use it all the time, even when I'm just in the living room in the evening. I will even use it to plan ahead and decide what to eat to keep within my parameters. The regular logging is key. We all think we know what we're eating but I was shocked at my foolishness when I started logging and reading labels. Also, the ability to scan bar codes from my phone is the coolest. No wonder I'm in this position! Good luck!
  • CHRISTCENTERED
    Options
    Thank you so much for going thru the extra effort of sending the links, which I've already checked out a couple of them and liked. I have not joined a group yet, but I think I'm leaning more towards Crave for God, and briefly view In His Image. Thanks again!
  • mick_02
    mick_02 Posts: 27
    Options
    Find good friends who will keep you accountable and motivated :flowerforyou:

I agree with this. When I used MFP religiously a while back I had a ton of awesome friends who kept me motivated. Hoping to get that back eventually
  • CHRISTCENTERED
    Options
    No, I do not have a smart phone, but your other ideas are great.