• agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I usually eat Atkins.
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I usually eat Atkins.

Ditto. I eat the Atkins bars and they are very filling. I've also tried Detour Low Sugar bars which are pretty good too. You can find singles at any GNC or Vitamin World (and even Walgreens) so you don't have to buy a full box first.

I would definitely have to say they aren't as low carb as I would like, but better than most out there!
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I usually eat Atkins.

Ditto. I eat the Atkins bars and they are very filling. I've also tried Detour Low Sugar bars which are pretty good too. You can find singles at any GNC or Vitamin World (and even Walgreens) so you don't have to buy a full box first.

I would definitely have to say they aren't as low carb as I would like, but better than most out there!

detour? I will look for those, thanks! I am lactose intolerant, and many bars include nonfat milk powder, so I have to really scrutinize the lables. Milk powder content varies in the different flavors of Atkins.
  • bluberrygoo
    bluberrygoo Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Atkins and the occasional Luna protein bar.
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    QUEST BAR!!!!!!!!!!

Atkins bars have a ton of sugar alcohols and high saturated fat, though I do know there is a debate on how bad saturated fat really is.

I've found Quest Bar and seriously, I will never eat another low carb protein bar again. All natural, Gluten free, no sugar alcohols (although there are some flavors that have anywhere from 2 to 6 gram of sugar alcohols, but many flavors have none), and a butt load of fiber (no pun untended)-- 17 grams of fiber per bar! No saturated fat, lower total fat than Atkins.

And, they're pretty darn delicious. Kinda the consistency of power bars.
  • sarvissa
    sarvissa Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have found the Kids Z bars (made by Clif) are generally low carb and low calorie. I'm diabetic so I look for carb/sugar content and these are low. Plus they taste REALLY good, better than any other bar I've had.
  • kari574
    kari574 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    QUEST BAR!!!!!!!!!!

Atkins bars have a ton of sugar alcohols and high saturated fat, though I do know there is a debate on how bad saturated fat really is.

I've found Quest Bar and seriously, I will never eat another low carb protein bar again. All natural, Gluten free, no sugar alcohols (although there are some flavors that have anywhere from 2 to 6 gram of sugar alcohols, but many flavors have none), and a butt load of fiber (no pun untended)-- 17 grams of fiber per bar! No saturated fat, lower total fat than Atkins.

And, they're pretty darn delicious. Kinda the consistency of power bars.
    Those sound pretty good, will have to keep an eye out.

I've been having Life Choice protein bars. I don't know how they compare to others but they're 210 calories, 21 g protein, 14g carbs, and 7g sugars. But they were better than the others WalMart was selling!
  • silvabelle89
    Options
    Yes! I saw the quest bars online, they dont sell them near me so I'd have
    To order them over the web, nervous I'll get a whole box and not like them. I am looking for all natural, so I should try these !
  • missADS1981
    missADS1981 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    To order them over the web, nervous I'll get a whole box and not like them. I am looking for all natural, so I should try these !

i love quest. you can pop them in the microwave too for a warm snack. i like the brownie and the cinnabon flavors
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options

Oh darn! Yeah, I totally understand you wanting to try one before buying a whole box. I first discovered them at Smoothie King like 6 weeks ago, they "testing" them out and only had a couple flavors, but they've apparently been a big hit because the Smoothie King close to me now carries like 8 different flavors. I now buy them at Muscle Max, a nutrition store close to me. I don't buy by the box, I usually get two of each of my 7 or 8 favorite flavors and then I'll have a variety and that'll last me a couple weeks.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    How low carb do you need? My current favorites are the Slim bars by NuGo. They vary a bit from flavor to flavor, but average around 20g carb to 15g of protein. They don't use any artificial sweeteners either, which is a big plus for me. The brownie crunch is pretty tasty.

*Edited to add, only about 2g of those carbs are sugar. And they have a decent amount of fiber, 7g or so.
  • iETH4N
    iETH4N Posts: 1
    Options
    @ sobriquet84 thanks for the recommendation. Yesterday I bought protein bars from Atkins, Fiber One, and Kelloggs, but I am already dissatisfied with them all (due to either high fat OR high carb). But you recommended Quest Bar and that one surely beats all the other ones! I've already gone from ~210lbs to 130lbs and I NEVER used protein bars (I just ate two small apples a day and 2lb of lean chicken everyday day, + water; lost 80lbs w/o any exercise).

-Only have ~<=20lbs of abdominal fat before I reach a PERFECTLY flat abdomen.

Recently I decided to change my long old diet so I dropped the apples and decided for protein bars instead, and QUEST BAR is the one that beats all the others - time to order (what a waste - all the ones I bought yesterday - will give them away)!

Here is my current NEW diet: calories <= 1,200.
    -70g fiber (increases leptin levels)
    -200g protein (increases leptin levels)
    -<=40g carbs
    -1.2g omega-3 (increases leptin levels)
    -120oz water w/ fiber therapy (=30g fiber/20g carbs/200cal/0 sugar/gluten free) (increases leptin levels)
    -100% calcium natural (not from supplement since that calcium has no weight loss benefits)
    -multivitamins

-2 1/2 hrs exercise a day 6 days/week (caloric deficit from physical activity: 1,300- 1,700cal) - includes jogging/fast walking/weight lifting)
    -8 hrs sleep (increases leptin levels)

Soon, those 20lbs of abdominal fat will go bye-bye FOREVER.
  • saauvil
    Options
    If you want to try Quest protein before you buy a box, Go to the official Quest site, and click on contact us. They will send you two full size bars as a sample. You even get to pick the 2 flavors they send you. Here is the link for anybody who needs it.

http://www.questproteinbar.com/

I think once you try them, you will quickly throw away all those sugar filled bars. They are that good!!!!!
  • elianeduquet
    Options
    QUEST BAR !!!!! This will change your life !!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    http://www.questproteinbar.com/
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions?

Make your own!!!
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Quest bars! I also use Power Crunch brand too but not as high in protein but a nice dessert type snack as a treat and very yummy frozen. I eat a Quest bar for my morning snack most days M-F and sometimes on the weekends it will be my lunch if running errands or something.
    I buy them when on sale at GNC usually and get them for about $1.40 a pc and stock up on them.
    Fav flavors are Chocolate Brownie, Peanut Butter Supreme, Choc Chip cookie dough, double chocolate chunk, cookies and cream and white chocolate raspberry.
    YUM!
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Power Crunch bars are my favorites, because they only have 2g of sugar. I double checked, and they're also only 10g of carbs and have 14g of protein. They also taste really good and are pretty reasonably priced (between $1.25 and 1.50, depending on where I buy them).
  • almx00
    almx00 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    QUEST BARS!! you will love them, I guarantee you. My faves are cookies and cream and cookie dough :love: :tongue:
  • swaggityswagbag
    swaggityswagbag Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Careful with Atkins bars. Sugar alcohols can have a laxative effect.