in need of motivation :(

Options
im new to this, but iv managed to pretty much stick to the calorie intake i've set for myself with the food diary... but im just not seeing any results. people are telling me that i look like i've lost weight but the scales just aren't agreeing with them. :cry:

i've been going to the gym 3/4 times a week for 2hrs and eating no more than 1400 calories per day with a treat once or twice a week. but im just starting to lose motivation and could do with a kick up the backside - some words of wisdom or encouragement cos im jus feeling abit low atm. x

Replies

• jmdolan
    jmdolan Posts: 128
    Options
    Do you eat your excercise calories? If your caloric deficit is too large your metabolism will slow down. You need to make sure you put the proper nutrients in your body and enough of them. There are many many threads on this site about it. You should take a look at some of them.
  • spicespice04
    Options
    have you measured yourself?? you may not be loosing in pounds, but you may be loosing inches!

You can do it!
    Just keep going.
    Have faith!
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Do you feel great? Is your health better? Do you feel more fit? Isn't it worth it whether you lose the weight or not? I have been stalled in weight loss for a long time. Yet everything I have done to cause weight loss has improved my life in general. Keep at it!!!!
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    You may not be eating enough if you are eating 1400 calories and working out for 2 hrs.
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    motivation is what everyone needs lets bring it!!!!!!!
    i say try to eat protein and lots of it!. you can do it..
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    You may not be eating enough if you are eating 1400 calories and working out for 2 hrs.

Exactly.

Also, get your measurements. Most of us see inches move faster than the scale.
  • emmaphillips
    Options
    yeah i'll be honest i haven't invested in a measuring tape yet, think i will cos your probably all right. I haven't been able to exercise in the last 5 days because my gym membership ran out and if im 100% honest i've been lazy... and now i've got the news that i'm having surgury on my foot so thats probably wats caused my motivation to go down so much :ohwell:
    but thankyou for your support guys :)
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    have you measured yourself?? you may not be loosing in pounds, but you may be loosing inches!

You can do it!
    Just keep going.
    Have faith!
    Yup! Measurments are where its at. I've been stuck at 12 lbs, but actually lost another inch off my hips and additional half inch of my waist! Your body is probably shifting and changing rather than just dropping weight.