Diet VS regular.. it continues

Hi All~
So in the past few months i have sworn off soda.. any regular or diet.. obviously regular has lots of sugar, and there are soo many speculations about diet soda.. that i decided to try to stay away from artificial sweetner all together.
So far soo good......but sometimes i am craving a soda.

so since i dont drink it regularily, if i want a soda is it smarter to drink one can of regular or one can of diet?

thanks
RIssa

Replies

• rissa1322
    rissa1322 Posts: 107
    Hi All~
    So in the past few months i have sworn off soda.. any regular or diet.. obviously regular has lots of sugar, and there are soo many speculations about diet soda.. that i decided to try to stay away from artificial sweetner all together.
    So far soo good......but sometimes i am craving a soda.

so since i dont drink it regularily, if i want a soda is it smarter to drink one can of regular or one can of diet?

thanks
    RIssa
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Why don't you skip the soda all together, and if you're craving something "soda-y" - make a healthy Italian soda using soda water and 100% fruit juice. You can get creative - use cranberry juice with twist of lime, etc. Even the kids like this one, and it's fun to play around with the flavors.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    1 can of either won't kill your nutrition. But I guess I would say diet is better.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Like you said, both have their downsides, but I think either, if you're only having it once in a blue moon, is perfectly ok.
  • rissa1322
    rissa1322 Posts: 107
    Why don't you skip the soda all together, and if you're craving something "soda-y" - make a healthy Italian soda using soda water and 100% fruit juice. You can get creative - use cranberry juice with twist of lime, etc. Even the kids like this one, and it's fun to play around with the flavors.

that does sound good.. but im talking.. sitting at work and going to the soda machine.. so i dont have a ton of choice.. but.. im gonna try that soda water trick too!!
  • margolane1932
    margolane1932 Posts: 9 Member
    I reccomend regular. It's fine to treat yourself every so often, and though both are bad for you, the large amounts of sugar are worse for a diet, but artificial sweeteners are worse for your body.

Though I've found what MollyK said to be pretty true. 9 times out of 10 I can kill a soda craving with italian sodas. Cost Plus World Market has a huge variety, if there's one by you.