Not loosing the pounds! Help!

Options
Hi everyone,
I've been doing the MFP thing since the beggining of march but have been working out and watching what I eat since January. About 5 years ago, I dropped around 70lbs (going from 220 to 150) doing the South Beach Diet and working out tons, but through the years, I've gained around 50 lbs. I decided to try MFP because I want to stop yo-yo dieting and just eat normally while watching my portions and being more aware of what I'm putting into my body by tracking it.
Since I started, I have been alot more motivated in working out and eating well, but I must admit that I'm getting a little frustrated.. I haven't lost a pound yet..
I do not weigh myself very ofter (every 2 weeks or so), and I eat back my exercise calories, as I have read tons of blogs and advice on MFP and I know the importance of doing so...
I will leave my diary open for today, so if anyone wants to comment, please do.. Should I cut down on carbs? eat more protein? etc..- I am looking for advice :)

Replies

• alt1268
    alt1268 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary. It seems that you are eating alot of carbs at dinner. Try cutting down your carbs. If you need to replace them replace them with protein. Also use grapefruit and small red apples for your fruit.
  • MyrianeO
    MyrianeO Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip! I'll give it a go!
  • krocksa
    krocksa Posts: 32
    Options
    It's great that you are asking for advice - you sound committed! I agree that your carbs are too high - but in addition you don't eat nearly enough vegetables. You have some days that are great, but if you go back through the last few weeks you'll see a lot of processed foods, little veggies, and little lean protein. (Movie Popcorn - I love it but WOW!) :smile: Try eating a more calorie dense breakfast, which will help fuel you all day and stave off cravings for carbs later. Maybe a 1/2 whole wheat bagel instead of a whole one and some egg whites. You have next to no protein at breakfast and it's really an important macro nutrient to start the day. I think you're halfway there - you just need to cut out more of the processed stuff and add MUCH more veggies. And definitely increase your calorie load in the morning. Good luck!
  • MyrianeO
    Options
    Great, I just checked my diary again, and you are sooo right.. must eat A LOT more veggies! Will do that.. I love MFP for just this purpose - helps you get on track :) Big thanks !:bigsmile:
  • Tn2009
    Tn2009 Posts: 21
    Options
    try replacing your breads (bagels and regular bread) with Ezekiel bread...It tastes good and is great for you and it's super easy for your body to digest...
  • numindan
    numindan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Since I started, I have been alot more motivated in working out and eating well, but I must admit that I'm getting a little frustrated.. I haven't lost a pound yet..
    Measuring tapes may help more than scales. When I first started changing my lifestyle my scale didn't move for weeks. My pant size dropped though. Sometimes the "non scale victories" (NSV) can keep you motivated instead of focusing on a number.
  • MyrianeO
    Options
    Thanks everyone!