ENERGY TO WORKOUT?!!?

Options
So, working out in the morning is pretty easy. It starts off my day and all that stuff. Then comes the afternoon, I feel like I have no energy to hit the gym.

I was taking these pills that gave me energy (they were for GNC) but they made me all jittery and plus I dont think I need them. I have been doing great without them. I do miss the energy they gave me though. Is it a mind thing or do those pills actually have something in them to help with energy? If so, do any of you take anything to help with your workouts?

Replies

• Cjoslin84
    Options
    I love Spark!!! You dont even realize that you are drinking an energy drink. No bad feelings, no crash come down. It tastes good too! I use the Mocha flavor (controls appetite as well as energy) for morning workout. I warm it up and it's close to drinking coffee! then around two or three i bring out the orange spark!!!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Jittery? They probably contained a pile of caffeine which will give you a temporary boost.

Are you eating properly? Getting enough calories?

If you are you shouldn't need a boost. (Personally I'd avoid the pills......)
  • Aprill42
    Aprill42 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm eating just staying under my calories..I dont feel hungry.. maybe me feeling like this is just the after affects of the pills still in my system..

haha
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    A lot of those energy potions, no matter the form, are mostly caffeine and B vitamin complex. Maybe a little ginseng thrown in for good measure. Why don't you try taking a simple b-complex at lunchtime and see if it helps? If you find you're having trouble sleeping, get some calcium in at night.