Fit Bit

Has anyone used this and what do you think? Just started program and have a long way to go, need all the tools availale.

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    I love it!
  • heidigina
    heidigina Posts: 15 Member
    How accurate is it? I have the gowearfit and stopped using it because it irritated my arm.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    LOVE IT!!!!!

It truly is a pedometer on steroids, but it's way more fun than any pedometer I've owned before, and works better too! It's tiny! Smaller than my thumb. Someone did a really nice review about it on amazon. I love the sleep tracking function. It really has helped explain my really tired feeling days, where I thought I had slept well. I tend to be dancing in my sleep those nights! LOL!

And the little flower that grows with how active you are? So cute! I've started taking the stairs more often and walking more. I want to earn the cool badges on the website! LOL. It's really a nice addition if you're looking for motivation to get more active. And it adds calories to your burn if you've had a really active day but didn't log any exercise. Convenient!
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    I don't use mine anymore, but I loooved it when I did use it all the time. I used to have a very active part time job and was a stay at home, so it helped me keep my calories in check.

As far as accuracy, I think there's a few errors with it but I enjoyed the general knowledge of about what I burned throughout the day. I wore mine on my bra, so it really didn't bother me all that much.
  • heidigina
    heidigina Posts: 15 Member
    Thanks guys! Looks like I have a new gadget on my wish list!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    How accurate is it? I have the gowearfit and stopped using it because it irritated my arm.

If you set it up right, very! It does occasionally log driving (especially on bumpy roads) as steps, but if you move enough it doesn't matter. No arm strap for it! It's just a little gizmo you can slip into a pocket or even attach to your bra (if it doesn't annoy you there!). I frequently slip in onto my underwear when I don't have any pockets. It's nearly invisible there too. Only really tight clothes will show it.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    I frequently slip in onto my underwear when I don't have any pockets. It's nearly invisible there too.

I do this too when I'm walking around the house in just my undies.

Seriously, though, I love mine...wear it all the time! I find myself parking farther away from places just to get in the extra steps. Now with spring weather, I can't wait to go out and walk at the park or on the track or anywhere that gets me outside! I also like how it links to MFP and adjusts my calories automatically without me having to log anything.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member

If you set it up right, very! It does occasionally log driving (especially on bumpy roads) as steps, but if you move enough it doesn't matter. No arm strap for it! It's just a little gizmo you can slip into a pocket or even attach to your bra (if it doesn't annoy you there!). I frequently slip in onto my underwear when I don't have any pockets. It's nearly invisible there too. Only really tight clothes will show it.

I've noticed that it logs driving, but there is some physical activity involved with driving so maybe this is intentional and not just an accuracy error.
  • MeliciousGibson
    MeliciousGibson Posts: 248 Member
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE mine! :)

I highly recommend it to anyone looking for extra little motivation to move more throughout the day.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    I just got mine recently. It has to be fiddled with to be accurate. Right now, I am trying to get my stride working correctly. I love the fact that it syncs with MFP, my only concern is that it is showing me burning way more calories than I actually am.

But I will say that I like it seems to give me a little more motivation to be moving.
  • Alpine005
    Alpine005 Posts: 87 Member
    I've been using one for 7 weeks and I love it.

As far as accuracy, if you take my avg intake (it works GREAT with MFP and exchanges information) and average burn and multiple both by the number of days I have been doing my diet and take the difference and divide by 3,500 (number of calories in a pound), it comes within 2 pounds of my loss. I think that's amazing.

Again, the way MTP uses it to gauge my "normail activity" and the way fitbit collects my calorie intake from MFP, it's well worth the money.

It keeps me motavated to get more steps (like walking in circles waiting for the metro) and taking the steps (yeah it keeps track of that too!) instead of the elevator. It's awesome.
  • DonnaLRB
    DonnaLRB Posts: 54 Member
    I've only had it for a week, but I love mine, too! I bought one for myself and one for my husband on Amazon. VERY motivating!