Help me - 1st day of the rest of my life.

Options
Hi there,

My name is Julia and this is the first day for the rest of my life. I have struggled with my weight all my life and as such I am now suffering. I have arthritis in my pelvis and knees and I know the extra weight is not helping me. Can you be my slimming buddy?

I want to look hot for my 25th Wedding Anniversary in September ... no pressure.

If you think you can help me on my way, please feel free to message me.

Cheers

Julia :smile:

Replies

• lkay42
    lkay42 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Julia,
    I've struggled with my weight for a long time too, so not sure how much I can help, but I can be very determined when I make up my mind to do something. I have done it before so I know I can do this. I just joined today so this is all new to me. I have so many reasons to do this...one being going to the beach in June! Here's to having a great time then and you having an awesome 25th!
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Two newbies on one thread? I have been in your shoes - and I'd love to help. I've sent you both friend requests. :)
  • wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to do whatever I can to help. We can all help each other. Feel free to add me.
  • MzCaligirl
    MzCaligirl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Julia...you are not alone! I dont know where you are located physically...but I promise to alway be a positive influence for you on your journey. Please add me as a friend. Nina...aka..MzCaligirl.
  • lkay42
    lkay42 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am very new to all this, but that was quick offers to help...and very much appreciated! rchupka87, with a 54 lb loss, I'm sure you can help alot! That's great! and I can't wait to be there!
  • julia6567
    julia6567 Posts: 27
    Options
    Thanks so much for adding me. This will be so much easier with moral support from people on here. I love how things are calculated for you. Makes it sort of idiotproof, which I need!
  • julia6567
    julia6567 Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm in Cape Town, South Africa, but am English. Happy for all the help I can get.
  • carriedennis
    Options
    Welcome Julia and you are not a lone with struggling with weight issues, I was a over weight teen and have been working hard to keep my weight off for years. Good luck MFP
  • dw18712
    dw18712 Posts: 1
    Options
    good 4 U..
    bess thing is to keep busy so you don't think bout eating... away from good is a good start
    we can do this!
  • Waitingforsun
    Options
    We are all in this war fighting obesity together. I recovered my old account yesterday and will not be like last quiting before I started. Please add me.