Body by Vi

Options
Has anybody tried Body by Vi? My co-worker drinks their shakes and I tried them they are yummy! I just want to know if people have had good results from the program

Replies

• bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I am on my 3rd day of Body by Vi. I'm not sure about results yet but I really like the flavors and I'm not hungry. I'd love to know what other people think as well!
  • mrslaw85
    mrslaw85 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I can not say my weight loss has been from Vi but I usually only due 1 a day. I do however have coworkers who are working the challenge program and doing awesome! My reason to use it is I am a diabetic who hates to eat first thing in the morning and work 62 miles from my home. I drink one on the way to work and it helps keep my sugars under control. It is great tasting. You can mix it with milk, soy, almond etc. OJ, coconut juice etc.
  • redshoeshelley
    redshoeshelley Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Love my ViSalus shakes ... this morning was a PB, banana, spinach salba smoothie !
    Love the fact that they're quick and easy and I get much needed nutrition on the go. I have over 100 recipes which makes them that much more appealing. Perfect to fuel me post-workout as well. I have a great number of friends and family who are on the program and are doing fabulous. It's not just about weight loss but creating good eating and nutrition habits ... which is why I became a distributor !
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Hopefully you don't gain all the weight back when you start on real food again.... Good luck.
  • Micheetah
    Micheetah Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ thats what Im afraid of, my friend is doin great on it, her face even cleared up so now im debating if I want to try it. Ive had adult acne FOREVER... BUT i wanted to lose weight the natural way so that I knew I could keep it up... debating. I'd love to know everyone elses experience with it
  • redshoeshelley
    Options
    ViSalus isn't just another quick fix, it works. The shakes are not traditional "diet" shakes like the other junk on the market. It's a nutritional shake that is meant to provide you with all the essential nutrients you need to fuel your body accordingly. Add this to a healthy eating plan and you're bound to succeed. As with anything, do something consistently for 30 days and it becomes habit. After 90 days, it's a lifestyle change. (Hence, the 90 Day Challenge)

What exactly is in the ViSalus Shake Mix?:drinker:
    (90 calories when mixed with water ... )

1. ViSalus Shake Mix is gluten and lactose free as well as diabetic friendly, fat free, low sugar and Kosher Certified

2. Contains Fibersol which helps keep you full and provides the benefits of fiber without the excess gas

3. Contains Aminogen which maximizes protein and nutrient absorption

In addition to the following:

■Vitamin C: makes collagen, boost your immune system
    ■Calcium: important for the health of teeth and bones; essential for the brain and nervous system
    ■Iron: carries oxygen throughout the body; essential protein component for metabolism
    ■Vitamin D: increases metabolism and the absorption of calcium and phosphorus
    ■Vitamin K: helps in blood clotting and the prevention of blood loss due to an injury; assist in absorption of Calcium
    ■Thiamin (Vitamin B1): helps maintain a healthy nervous system and cardiovascular function; helps in the conversion of carbs into glucose; required for the breakdown of fats and proteins
    ■Riboflavin ( Vitamin B2): energy production; helps in the conversion of carbs to sugar; helps in the production of amino acids and fats; serves as an antioxidant, which slackens the pace of aging
    ■Niacin (Vitamin B3): helps with good blood circulation, healthy skin condition, normal brain function and boost memory
    power; helps to lower the high cholesterol levels; aids in the digestive tract to absorb sufficient carbs, proteins and fats
    ■Vitamin B6: helps with the immune system, metabolism, hormone control, emotional disorders and skin conditions
    ■Vitamin B12: helps with proper cell maintenance, DNA formation, fatigue, cholesterol and a good component for nerve cells
    ■Biotin ( Vitamin B7): helps metabolism, skin care, tissue maintenance, and weight loss
    ■Pantothenic Acid ( Vitamin B5): helps alleviate conditions like asthma, hair loss, allergies, stress and anxiety, respiratory disorders and heart problems; helps improve immunity, aging signs and the resistance to infections, diabetes and skin disorders
    ■Phosphorus: aids in bone formation, digestion, protein formation, hormone balance, energy extraction and cell repair
    ■Iodine: essential trace element in normal growth and development; controls the function of the thyroid gland which impacts metabolism; helps utilize calories and preventing them to be stored as excess fats as well as removing toxins
    ■Zinc: proper function of the immune system, digestion, control of diabetes, improves stress levels, energy, metabolism, acne and wound healing
    ■Selenium: reduces the risk of cancer; antioxidant against free radicals that damage DNA; protects against heart disease
    ■Copper: helps with the connective tissue, hair growth, eyes, ageing and energy production; helps with normal heart rhythm, thyroid glands, arthritis, would healing and cholesterol
    ■Manganese: healthy bone structure, bone metabolism and in building essential enzymes for building bones; actively involved in forming connective tissue, helps in Calcium absorption; helps in thyroid function, sex hormones, regulating blood sugar levels and the metabolism of fats and carbs
    ■Chromium: balances blood sugar, helps in metabolism and the storage of fats, proteins and carbs by the body, helps regulate hunger and cravings and controls fat and cholesterol levels in the blood
    ■Molybdenum: helps with metabolism of fats and carbs, how the body uses iron, helps prevent anemia and enhance the general feeling of “well-being”
    ■Folate ( Vitamin B9/Folic Acid): helps in the cell division process and DNA synthesis, works with Vitamin B12 and C to help the body digest and utilize proteins; important in pregnancies and preventing birth defects
    ■Vitamin A: formation and maintenance of healthy skin, hair and mucous membranes, helps us to see in dim light and necessary for proper bone growth, tooth development and reproduction
    ■Vitamin E: neutralizes free radicals in the body which can damage the tissues and cells, helps in blood clotting and scars to fade
    ■Magnesium: helps maintain normal muscle and verve function, supports healthy immune system, also helps regulate blood sugar levels, promotes normal blood pressure
  • lannna17
    lannna17 Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm on Day 14 and I don't think I've lost lbs, but I can totally tell that my clothes are fitting better, and my tight jeans are comfy! :) The shakes really are good and if you get creative, it's hard to get bored with it! Add me BBV friends, I'd love to see your results!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I think eating real food and taking a multivitamin would be better and much cheaper.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    ViSalus isn't just another quick fix, it works. The shakes are not traditional "diet" shakes like the other junk on the market. It's a nutritional shake that is meant to provide you with all the essential nutrients you need to fuel your body accordingly. Add this to a healthy eating plan and you're bound to succeed. As with anything, do something consistently for 30 days and it becomes habit. After 90 days, it's a lifestyle change. (Hence, the 90 Day Challenge)

What exactly is in the ViSalus Shake Mix?:drinker:
    (90 calories when mixed with water ... )

1. ViSalus Shake Mix is gluten and lactose free as well as diabetic friendly, fat free, low sugar and Kosher Certified

2. Contains Fibersol which helps keep you full and provides the benefits of fiber without the excess gas

3. Contains Aminogen which maximizes protein and nutrient absorption

In addition to the following:

■Vitamin C: makes collagen, boost your immune system
    ■Calcium: important for the health of teeth and bones; essential for the brain and nervous system
    ■Iron: carries oxygen throughout the body; essential protein component for metabolism
    ■Vitamin D: increases metabolism and the absorption of calcium and phosphorus
    ■Vitamin K: helps in blood clotting and the prevention of blood loss due to an injury; assist in absorption of Calcium
    ■Thiamin (Vitamin B1): helps maintain a healthy nervous system and cardiovascular function; helps in the conversion of carbs into glucose; required for the breakdown of fats and proteins
    ■Riboflavin ( Vitamin B2): energy production; helps in the conversion of carbs to sugar; helps in the production of amino acids and fats; serves as an antioxidant, which slackens the pace of aging
    ■Niacin (Vitamin B3): helps with good blood circulation, healthy skin condition, normal brain function and boost memory
    power; helps to lower the high cholesterol levels; aids in the digestive tract to absorb sufficient carbs, proteins and fats
    ■Vitamin B6: helps with the immune system, metabolism, hormone control, emotional disorders and skin conditions
    ■Vitamin B12: helps with proper cell maintenance, DNA formation, fatigue, cholesterol and a good component for nerve cells
    ■Biotin ( Vitamin B7): helps metabolism, skin care, tissue maintenance, and weight loss
    ■Pantothenic Acid ( Vitamin B5): helps alleviate conditions like asthma, hair loss, allergies, stress and anxiety, respiratory disorders and heart problems; helps improve immunity, aging signs and the resistance to infections, diabetes and skin disorders
    ■Phosphorus: aids in bone formation, digestion, protein formation, hormone balance, energy extraction and cell repair
    ■Iodine: essential trace element in normal growth and development; controls the function of the thyroid gland which impacts metabolism; helps utilize calories and preventing them to be stored as excess fats as well as removing toxins
    ■Zinc: proper function of the immune system, digestion, control of diabetes, improves stress levels, energy, metabolism, acne and wound healing
    ■Selenium: reduces the risk of cancer; antioxidant against free radicals that damage DNA; protects against heart disease
    ■Copper: helps with the connective tissue, hair growth, eyes, ageing and energy production; helps with normal heart rhythm, thyroid glands, arthritis, would healing and cholesterol
    ■Manganese: healthy bone structure, bone metabolism and in building essential enzymes for building bones; actively involved in forming connective tissue, helps in Calcium absorption; helps in thyroid function, sex hormones, regulating blood sugar levels and the metabolism of fats and carbs
    ■Chromium: balances blood sugar, helps in metabolism and the storage of fats, proteins and carbs by the body, helps regulate hunger and cravings and controls fat and cholesterol levels in the blood
    ■Molybdenum: helps with metabolism of fats and carbs, how the body uses iron, helps prevent anemia and enhance the general feeling of “well-being”
    ■Folate ( Vitamin B9/Folic Acid): helps in the cell division process and DNA synthesis, works with Vitamin B12 and C to help the body digest and utilize proteins; important in pregnancies and preventing birth defects
    ■Vitamin A: formation and maintenance of healthy skin, hair and mucous membranes, helps us to see in dim light and necessary for proper bone growth, tooth development and reproduction
    ■Vitamin E: neutralizes free radicals in the body which can damage the tissues and cells, helps in blood clotting and scars to fade
    ■Magnesium: helps maintain normal muscle and verve function, supports healthy immune system, also helps regulate blood sugar levels, promotes normal blood pressure

You sell it, don't you? :flowerforyou:

IMHO, it's cheaper than Shakeology and more expensive than Slim Fast which all claim the same things. I prefer eating real food, and if you lose weight eating real food, then you will have learned how/what/when to eat and can maintain afterwards instead of gaining it back.
  • redshoeshelley
    Options
    For all my BBV peeps ...
    "Like" me on FB !!

https://www.facebook.com/itstartswithyou.bodybyvi
  • lampeace
    lampeace Posts: 4
    Options
    yes my nephew has been on this for three weeks and lost 18pds already and i am looking to hook up with him and do it my self cause tonight i tryed the taste and it was awesome.
  • jconnors2012
    jconnors2012 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i use the shakes occasionally. they have helped me cut out fast food and soda. however if you do not change your eating habits along with drinking the shakes they will not be beneficial. you have to say to yourself if i stopped doing the shakes "would i be able to maintain a healthy lifestyle without them". I am down over 40lbs since first trying the shakes but i also eat very healthy as well.
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I think they are very good. I have lost 23 pounds since Feb. I also go to curves and ride my stationary bike 4-5 times a week. I think it is a good program. My husband is drinking them also. He hasn't lost much weight but his blood sugar is doing so much better and he has gone down 2 loops in his belt. We'll see in another month what his A1C is but with us testing it every day I've not found it high one day. So that much is worth it! He is watching what he eats just not excercising at all. We've only been doing the shakes for a month.