I'm so friggin confused. Crappppp. Help, please or Im going

Options
Ok, please someone explain to me. I thought I had this down, but I guess not. Someone was talking about how they arent losing weight and how they think they might need to up their "net" calorie intake, or whatever. Well, I mean I stay under my 1430 calorie intake and I workout, so wtheck does the net calorie thing mean. It's just another curve ball in there I need to think about.

My diary is public as well so if anyone feels I need to eat better or improve it, or something. Let me know...please.:ohwell:

This is like freakin algebra, I hated algebra. I figure, eat healthy, good calories and workout and you will start to become healthy (I'm not trying to be a skinny minnie, just trying to get my pre-preg body back and become healthier).

Replies

• rldnellor
    rldnellor Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Your net calorie intake would the number of calories you eat minus the amount you use in exercise. For example;;;you eat 1450 in calories and you use 100 calories when you exercise...your net is 1450-100=1350. Your goal should be to have a net calorie below or equal to your goal for the day.

Another example. MFP says I should net 1550 or less. So if I want something that takes me over 1550, I have to exercise to make up the difference. If I end up eating 1600 calories, I make sure I get at least enough exercise to use up the extra 50 calories.

Hoep this helps. If you are still confused, let me know and I'll try again.:smile:
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    If you look at your food diary, some of your days say you have 900+ calories remaining. In order to get the most benefit from the MFP plan, you need to eat most if not all of those calories.

When you don't eat all of your calories, you will lose energy and muscle along with the fat. You don't want that. If you lose your muscle, then your metabolism will slow down.

It's not algebra. MFP does all the work for you. You just have to eat and exercise.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    This is like freakin algebra, I hated algebra. I figure, eat healthy, good calories and workout and you will start to become healthy (I'm not trying to be a skinny minnie, just trying to get my pre-preg body back and become healthier).

I think you are correct.

You'll likely get a lot of conflicting nonsense telling you that you must do this, or not do this, or eat this, or not eat this. But it's sounds like you are on the right track.

Don't starve yourself. If you are really hungry, then eat. But don't overeat and exercise regularly. That's all it really takes, unless you have a medical disorder that makes losing weight more difficult (in which case you should consult your physician).
  • nickyrobinson
    nickyrobinson Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    It's not algebra, really, it's simple addition and subtraction and MFP makes it easy, doing it all for you.

The daily summary on your home page has all of it done for you.

Here's mine right now:

854 CALORIES REMAINING
    Goal Food Exercise = Net
    1910 1210 - 154 1056

I've eaten 1210 calories of food
    I've done 154 calories of exercise
    My net calories so far today is 1056 (food minus exercise)
    So, I have 854 left to eat today.
  • Aprill42
    Aprill42 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I get it...I think i was just reading the post wrong and then it confused me!! AH