so its a rainy day

Options
well today is my day off from work and i always try and do something special with my son. i would like to do something active but i don't have a clue because of the weather.....any ideas?

i thought ice skating but they are closed for the season

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    How old is he? Is he young enough to enjoy a day playing in the rain, puddle jumping, finding earthworms? My kiddo is almost 4 and loves to play in the summer rain.

If he's older, can you do a jigsaw puzzle with him? Any good movies playing today?
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    It's raining here in Pittsburgh, too. :grumble:

anyway, my ideas are bowling, indoor mini-golf, laser tag. have a great day off!
  • fitzio1015
    fitzio1015 Posts: 168
    Options
    he is 7 but the problem is i wanted to do something active...... i am sure he would love to jump around in the rain but mommy would hate that...lol....and for movies not sure there is quite anything out...

grrrr i hate rain
  • fitzio1015
    Options
    It's raining here in Pittsburgh, too. :grumble:

anyway, my ideas are bowling, indoor mini-golf, laser tag. have a great day off!

i am in pittsburgh too....bowling is not a bad idea.....thanks
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    How about inddor mini golf or bowling?:flowerforyou: BTW I'm going to PA next Wednesday. Is it humid there?:heart:
  • fitzio1015
    Options
    How about inddor mini golf or bowling?:flowerforyou: BTW I'm going to PA next Wednesday. Is it humid there?:heart:
    it really hasn't been to humid here just the dang rain is killin me
  • 1Sweets
    Options
    My phone tells me:laugh: that it will be sunny & 83 degrees tomorrow:wink: Then you can take your little guy swimming?:happy:
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I like the bowling idea.

Not sure how far away you are from Pittsburgh, but I looked at the weather network and the storm that's passing through, should be done within the hour .

www.theweathernetwork.com
    Left side Weather, and then Satelite and radar maps.

If it clears up the zoo is always a good choice.
  • 1Sweets
    Options
    I like the bowling idea.

Not sure how far away you are from Pittsburgh, but I looked at the weather network and the storm that's passing through, should be done within the hour .

www.theweathernetwork.com
    Left side Weather, and then Satelite and radar maps.

If it clears up the zoo is always a good choice.

Yes, the ZOOOOOO:love:
  • aprilann
    aprilann Posts: 238
    Options
    play twister that is a great streching game or play math game with things like 5+3=8 so do 8 jumping jacks and then next push ups and then sit ups and so on. Not only are you two working your mind but your body as well!
  • fitzio1015
    Options
    been to the zoo this year and loved it.....im thinking we are going to go bowling........thanks for all your ideas