Vitamins

Just curious as to what supplements other people are taking daily... I am taking a womens mulit vitamin, 500mg of cinnamon, and 200 mcg of Chromium Picolinate.

Replies

• ConcordPhil
    ConcordPhil Posts: 118 Member
    I take a Trader Joe's multi, C and D.
  • rubysphoto
    rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
    The wife and I take Lifeplus multivitamin Biobasics and both of us and our 9 year old takes Proanthenols 100 (OPC/Antioxidants) and Omegold Omega 3's.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Gummy vitamins.
    Whey protein if I don't hit my protein target through food.
    And I own fish oil and often forget to take it.
  • gin_gin
    gin_gin Posts: 184
    I cant take anything daily but once a week i have a prescription I take for Vitamin D 50,000 Ius
    and every three weeks I get a shot of B12 for my perniscous anemia
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    I just started taking B-12 after reading about someone else on here that gave it a try. I don't know if it is all in 'my head' or not but I definately seem to have more energy and since starting it 2 1/2 weeks ago I have lost 2 weeks in a row (that hasn't happened for me since NOVEMBER!) and am on my way to a loss THREE weeks in a row. There may not even be a connection...but I'll keep on taking it for now!
  • Harleydiva68
    Harleydiva68 Posts: 50 Member
    I take a multivitamin, B12, fish oil pill, Vitamin D and Vitamin 6
  • Elizaj85
    Elizaj85 Posts: 158 Member
    I have a multi vitamin + iron, I also take omega 3,6,9 oil and whey when I have my over an hour workouts
  • maf66
    maf66 Posts: 211 Member
    I take a B complex supplement and flax seed mid morning or lunch, and I take Citrical + D and Magnesium with dinner.
  • km_jenn
    km_jenn Posts: 107
    I take Opti Women multivitamins, Spirilina, CQ 12, Glucosamine, Calcium, and fish oil. Other daily supplementation is 1 Tbls raw cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon Maca powder, 1 teaspoon Matcha green tea, i teaspoon each of Chia, flax and hemp seeds incorporated into meals.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Although I'm convinced people who can afford to buy food don't need supplements, I take a daily essential (pared down version of a multi), C, folic acid, flax seed oil, and 6000IU of D, of which I have a deficiency (which reminds me I need to get it checked again) and I need to start taking my wheatgrass again in the morning.

Oh, and 6g of 90% unsweetened cocoa square daily.
  • saturnine15
    saturnine15 Posts: 140
    I take the following:

Cranberry
    Bee Pollen
    Royal Jelly
    COQ10
    Glucosamine Chondroitin
    Hyaluronic acid
    Biotin
    Collagen
    Calcium

I have seen vitamins work miracles. I am still working on my vitamin collection. I would give up some of the above if neccessary, but Glucosamine is not one of them.
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    I take an Iron free womens multi vitamin,
    fish oil(when I remember),
    Glucosamine/Chondroiten for my joints (I run alot),
    sometimes D (It's been really sunny here though so I haven't taken it much)
    and thats about it. All the random vitamins I was taking are in my womens daily multi, so I don't really need them.

exercise.png
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Cranberry, gummy multi-vitamin, and calcium chews on days when I don't meet my calcium requirements (not that often)
  • GeneveSparkles
    GeneveSparkles Posts: 283 Member
    I recently read an article somewhere (sorry I can't provide the source) but it was talking about multi vitamins pretty much being worthless. Something about your body not being able to absorb the vitamins and minerals in multis, it was a very minimal amount that your body actually absorbs, I think they said 10%. It basically stated if you're eating the right foods you really don't need to supplement with vitamins. Has anyone read anything like this or have any thoughts on it? That being said I do take a D vitamin (as recommended by the doc)
  • briggsy13
    briggsy13 Posts: 161 Member
    I take my kids' chewable kind. I've been told in the past that prenatal vitamins are great for women even when not pregnant. Sadly they always bother my stomach. So now I just take the chewable. Its also easier for me to remember to take them when I take them at the same time as the kids.
  • renbyo
    renbyo Posts: 2
    In my reading, it seems that food sourced "natural" supplements are much more useable by the body than synthetics. I had tried Chromium picolinate before for weight loss and had little or no results. I am now trying GTF Chromium from Innate to help with weight loss and to help lower my blood sugar levels. It seems to be helping alot. Along with a good food based multi, I am taking the GTF Chromium, CoQ10, CLA, a B complex; and some food based Thyroid assist since my numbers there are on the low side.
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    As a woman, I take daily: vitamin D, fish oil, calcium and multivitamin daily. I just bought it all recently and it is SO crazy, that I actually have to WORK at it to remember to take it (or not be lazy and just NOT take it!)

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • Sleekit
    Sleekit Posts: 80 Member
    does anyone take potassium?
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    I laughed with the "fish oil-when I remember". I have all my vitamins in my kitchen and STILL just wasn't taking them. I am now making myself, no matter what....
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    I take:

*B Complex
    *Iron (25mg)
    *Biotin (1000iu)
    *Vitamin D (4000iu) - doctors orders
    *Calcium
    *Vitamin C

**Daily