Sucessfully ran my first 5K -- thanks C25K!!

Options
So excited -- I recently ran my first 5K after starting C25K in January! I finished in 37 minutes (I'm slow - but hey - I did it!!) and actually felt good afterwards! I have NEVER been a runner and now I feel like I am! I treated myself to a GPS watch with a HR monitor afterwards since now I'm planning to stick with it. I'm signed up for another one in June!

So those of you who just started, stick with it! It's such an amazing sense of accomplishment crossing that finish line for the very first time! I remember barely panting through the first few weeks of the program thinking there was NO WAY I could ever run a mile, much less three! Just wanted to share with others who can relate :-)

Replies

• rawheeler38
    Options
    Way to go! That is quite the accomplishment! My goal is to eventually be able to do a 5k.
  • fatfiske
    fatfiske Posts: 33
    Options
    Awesome job! Its encouraging to see people who have successfully used the program! I'm only in week 2 and still have my doubts about being able to do a 5k in the end. Thanks for the encouragement!
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I did one when I was in my early 20's but now at 42 I am starting to run again. I have my 5k scheduled for April 21st. I am excited and a little nervous but no matter what I know I am doing something good for me!
  • Nicole921
    Nicole921 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! I"m on W4 D1 today...kinda nervous....but thanks for the inspiration!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!