Non-Scale-Victory: Banana > Cinnamon Roll

Options
jsapninz
jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
Today at work, someone brought in a whole pan of gooey, frosted cinnamon rolls. before joining MFP I would have let myself have "just a little bit" and then keep having "just a little bit" throughout the whole day until I had eated a whole one (about 6" across!!)

But, TODAY instead, I had thankfully brought along a banana for a morning snack because I KNOW I get hungry between breakfast and lunch and I KNOW people here bring in unhealthy and tempting things to snack/get fat on.

So instead of eating 400+ calories of fat and sugar, I ate a yummy 110 calories naner instead, and got some healthy sugar and lots of potassium. I'm sure the roll would have tasted fantastic but now that my tummy is full I am SO GLAD I didn't waste my calories on that and feel so guilty later.

Yay for small victories!! So proud of myself!!

Replies

• harrylovesginny
    harrylovesginny Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you're saying, the other day I REALLY wanted some popcorn (not the healthy kind, the kind from the theater) so I let myself get the smallest size, and just stopped when I was satisfied, which was nowhere near the whole bag. A few months ago I would have stuffed myself whether I wanted it or not. Congrats on the NSV!
  • lrgammage
    lrgammage Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! I work in one of those offices too and it always feels good to be prepared with a healthy snack and avoid eating crap that I'll be sorry for later. It's all about small victories, right!
  • healthylifeforme
    healthylifeforme Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. I am learning to always pack a snack with me wherever I go. Sure helps with those little slip ups. Great job!
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Great job on the healthy choice! I feel bad because I'm always the one bringing in the pastries and choosing my healthy snacks while my coworkers all eat the pastries.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    :blushing: Thanks guys.

Good work yourselves. We are making progress!! :happy:
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! :D It gets easier...I find I crave healthy foods!
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    NSVs like this are what is so fun about this site. Anyone who just read this and was thinking about "a little" cake or cinnamon roll, or donut might just eat a banana instead and feel so much better. If you had eaten the cin roll you probably would have felt crappy - just not worth it!
  • SkettiGurl
    SkettiGurl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Yay You! I always feel SO proud of myself when I have little NSV like that!

(Last Night DH asked me if I would like a slab, er I mean slice, of banana bread (chock full of butter and chocolate chips!). I was so happy that it wasn't difficult at all to say 'No thanks' and get myself a 20cal serving of jello instead!)
  • AmberFaith90
    AmberFaith90 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! My weakness is brownies. I did have some (2 smalllllll slices), but I didn't have the whole pan like I used to!
  • mukamom
    mukamom Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    YAY for you!! I, too passed up rainbow cupcakes someone brought in...had my yo crunch greek yogurt with fruit and almonds for my snack... 190 cals but lots of protein!!
  • tawnysmom
    tawnysmom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Nice one. It's funny to think how I used to love baked goods/treats but now bananas rule!
  • Diandra81
    Diandra81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I had something similar happen today. One of the clients we work with brought in a box of Dunkin Donuts and munchkins...it was a test of will!
  • austindog2
    austindog2 Posts: 128
    Options
    That's so awesome! Thanks for the inspiration :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!