Need to Lose 40 Lbs!!

Options
I am 24 years old and currently weigh 186lb. Over the last 2 years I have gained over 60 lbs and have only seen my weight and body get out of control. Every time I have started to work out or diet I always drop it a month or two after. I don't know why. I also, use a lot of excuses and say that I don't need it, but I truly think I do, for my health and self esteem. I NEED to lose over 40 lbs to get myself back on track before I get any older. Its time for no more excuses. I am looking forward to this journey and I'm excited.

Replies

• iamfranniefierce
    iamfranniefierce Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    You're making a gr8 first step, joining this website. Having a support group and tracking your diet and exercise will keep you accountable. my advice to you is to start dinking a lot of water, begin walking if you are new to exercise and be patient...the weight will come off. And kudos to you for wanting to take control of your weight at a young age! Take it from me, it only gets harder as you age! Good luck and feel free to add me if you like.
  • jtdink1121
    Options
    Hey, I understand completely! Im 21 started at 189 in december. Im now 169. This site is the best, I can help motivate you. Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me. I want to lose about 25 more lbs!
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You're in the right place!! Feel free to add me, I have about 30 more pounds I'd like to lose
  • brownie41088
    Options
    I too am struggling to lose weigt being 24 and now down 10 lbs it is hard not to go out and have those "empty calories" and snack when your out with friends. I Hope you have a good couple friends who cn support you in your new eating habits. I have struggled with diets and workout plans for 3 years now and have found that starting with decreasing your food intake (PORTION SIZE) is a huge factor! I have a lady who is amazing with meal plans. Her name is Katie Boyd she is a friend of mine You can google her she will come up under "wicked fit" her TV show. She is AMAZING!!! good luck
  • anna_love
    anna_love Posts: 177
    Options
    feel free to add me i started my journey in NOvember and i was about 186 when i start'd now im 167pounds i still have like 37more pounds to loss LETS motivate EACH OTHER :flowerforyou:
  • becky000
    becky000 Posts: 15
    Options
    I have about 15 more pounds to lose. anyone can feel free to add me.
  • jennys11
    jennys11 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    You can so lose 40lbs! I'm here if you need any encouragement/help/advice. I lost 40lbs on weight watchers almost ten years ago, and kept it off. I need to lose 40 more pounds, so I'm right there with you. You can so do it! Don't give up no matter what the scale says. Consistency in your eating/exercise habits is key.
  • Rosey02
    Rosey02 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    right there with ya. i wana loose about 15 pounds to start. small goals :) add me if ya like
  • ilvmykidz
    ilvmykidz Posts: 66
    Options
    I am the same way! I always get frustrated and quit. That is why I am on here. Hoping to get the support I need to help : ) Good luck!
  • queensassypants
    Options
    you can do it - your young and have time! this site has been a big help to me.
  • palaciosjennifer711
    Options
    Thank you to everyone! I truly appreciate it. I am glad and its comforting to know that I am not alone! I think sometimes with the weight gain, or at least for myself, I have the tendency of retreating in and comforting with food due to the image that I see and don't like. Again thank you to everyone and I look forward to embarking on this journey with all of you and with everyone the best as well. Feel free to add me and lets get a handle on our life!
  • Rdahl2
    Rdahl2 Posts: 90
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I want to loose 40pds. I've started before and then got discouraged but I'm determined. Like evryone else said, lets motivate each other and feel free to add me as well if youde like. Good luck in your healthy journey!:happy: