what to do/eat on the birthday of a loved one who has passed

Options
Today would have been my brothers 42nd birthday...he has been gone 7 years but it doesnt make it any easier. My emotions are up and down up and down. I want to do some emotional eating but Ive stopped myself (so far)
I want to eat EVERYTHING carb.... breads, candy, so far I have stopped myself by eating an apple...
I think all it did was wake up the CARB BEAST in me....
any low carb "treats" that I could munch on to maybe keep the beast under control ????...

nickyo.jpg

Replies

• debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry that you lost your brother ;(
    Why don't you buy some cupcakes or a bday cake and celebrate him? I'm sure he is looking down from heaven and smiling at you!
    Reach out to God today and tell him how you are feeling, he cares for you.
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Maybe find a lighter version of something HE really loved to eat.
    Then eating it is more like a TOAST TO HIM while you think of him
    than eating to try to forget.
    Sorry you are hurting.
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I would eat or drink your brothers favorite meal. Forget about the calories for one day. My dad had a love for wine just like I do and although I drink all the time, I definitely open a favorite bottle or one of his favorites on occasions like that.
  • April0010
    April0010 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Maybe find a lighter version of something HE really loved to eat.
    Then eating it is more like a TOAST TO HIM while you think of him
    than eating to try to forget.
    Sorry you are hurting.

So sorry to hear! I think Joy has the right idea.
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    had a BIG glass of strawberry milk...one of his favorites. thank you ladies for helping. :drinker:
  • LaLaB0
    LaLaB0 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Forget about the cals today and do what feels right. Maybe some time spent just alone, on a walk would help? Sorry for your loss, my mom passed away 12 years ago and I still miss her every single day.
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    had a BIG glass of strawberry milk...one of his favorites. thank you ladies for helping. :drinker:

I love this! :heart: Whatever you choose to do, make sure it will make you feel good about your day of rememberance.

Huge hugs to you... I cannot even imagine the heartbreak I'd feel if I lost one of my siblings. We're all thinking of you today.