being ill whilst on a diet...

Options
Hello all,

I'm into my 3rd week of this diet. In my first week i lost an amazing 7lbs, despite it being my TOM, so the following week I was expecting another good loss as my TOM had finished but when i weighed myself i hadn't lost anything, i put this down to the fact that i had been training hard and had definitely gained muscle.. i measured myself and had lost some inches so want too put off.

However for the last week or so i have had a horrible chest infection and consequently have been taking cough mixture/soothers sweets and ice lollies, only thing that helped my throat. I have stuck to the diet 100% with the exception on Sunday (mothers day) i had dinner out and eat a 600cal meal instead of a 350cal meal so was a tad over.

I had a cheeky weigh in today and again im stuck at 11.7lbs, is this because i have not been exercising and taking cough mixture?

I was please with my first weight loss (obv) and knew the next few weeks would be a lot less but its been almost 3 weeks and i don't think im going to reach my stone loss in time...

Can anyone point me in the right direction... should i stop the cough remedies and put up with it, should i be eaten more/less or should i be trying to exercise???

Any help would be appreciated.

Amy xx

Replies

• snuffybitts
    snuffybitts Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy,

I have been doing my routine of exercise and calorie counting for 7 weeks now. I have never lost 7lbs in one week so that is amazing on its own. Plus, I always lost weight before my last two TOM's and gained immediately after....not a lot, but it was a gain...no explanation on that one.

But, I know exercise and shakeology is a huge part of my loss. This past week I didn't lose anything and this happened right around my 3-4 week as well. It was also a very stressful week for me, which plays havoc on weight loss. I eat 5 times a day and do not eat 3-4 hours before my bedtime and drink a ton of water. Not losing anything one-two weeks is something that you should not let get to you. When you are ready start exercising again 6 times a week and if it feels old, throw something new in to the mix. For example, I workout primarily with Power 90 and throw in Turbo Jam....it helps confuse my body and keeps me going.

Just some suggestions....eat things with 1-3 ingredients on the label....lots of veggies and fruits, yogurts are good and lean meats. Then eat 5 times a day and workout for 6 days of one week. try this for a straight week and see if this helps you past your plateau. Let me know how you make out.

Dale