Protein Powder Suggestions

Options

Replies

• ChelleDJM
    ChelleDJM Posts: 161
    Options
    There are so many and it is very overwhelming. I had lots of anxiety of which of the millions of powders to pick. In the end I got Jay Robb Whey protein powder in chocolate and vanilla. I like it, but have not tried others. It was well reviewed and it's all natural and those were the two things I was looking for. I ordered it at luckyvitamin.com.
  • jrodx2
    jrodx2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I've always been a fan of Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey. I have tried other brands but always come back to O.N. It can be pricey so I buy the 5lb containers when on sale to save a little. It can pretty much go in everything (protein bars, shakes, muffins, ect). Love it!!
  • canroadrunner
    canroadrunner Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I use the GNC brand Pro Performance Whey protein Isolate from (duh!) the GNC store. I use the Raspberry burst. I like it because I can mix it by shaking it in a container with a lid and I don't have to use a blender. It's all protein with negligible carbs.

After my workout I mix it with the GNC Super Supreme powder Berry(which tastes like crap) as my post workout recovery drink. The protein powder makes it palatable so I think in a smoothie it would probably be awesome.
  • Sharonab123
    Options
    If you don't want to change the flavor of your smoothie, you can get the unflavored variety from GNC.
  • turkeytrotter
    turkeytrotter Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I started with Whey to increase protein around 3 weeks ago. I went to whole foods and got every one of their individual serving packets that they sold. There were 5. some had more protein then others. In the end I found that the only one that I really liked enough to know that I would use it was MRM Whey Protein. the taste is great, smooth and no aftertaste. It is slightly sweet not strong at all and uses Stevia for the sweetener. It contains 18 grams of protein. some ot the others were higher, list 22-24 but the taste wasn't great. No use buying it for the higher protein and letting it sit in the cabinet. I have almost gone through the container that I bought and have been meeting my protein count most days with this to add to my diet.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Please read this from consumer reports. Arsenic and metal are found in these powders. They are not regulated, and therefore, they do not have to conform to FDA standards.

You might think twice about what you drink.

http://www.consumerreports.org/health/natural-health/protein-drinks/whats-in-your-protein-drink/index.htm
  • geventing
    geventing Posts: 11
    Options
    Steve's whey protein powder comes in Chocolate and vanilla and is absolutly delicious, I definitly recommend it hands down.
  • nixrun
    nixrun Posts: 44
    Options
    I personally love Syntha-6, it's $21 (when you subscribe) for a 2.9lb on amazon and there are a ton of flavors to choose from!
    My favorite is Vanilla Ice Cream.

http://www.amazon.com/BSN-Syntha-6-Protein-Strawberry-Milkshake/dp/B000GP3FME/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332255707&sr=8-1
  • Alonnea
    Alonnea Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I use optimum nutrition gold standard 100% whey protein. My favorite flavors are banana cream and cookies and cream.
  • thechubner
    thechubner Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm using WHEY Protein in Vanilla, and Sunday I bought it in Strawberry. The brand is Body Fortress, I believe I have the 32 oz ones and they cost me about $14.99 each at Walmart. I don't think they taste chalky at all! I use one scoop in my smoothies and it's just right!

This is what I use as well. The vanilla blended with frozen berries makes an awsome high protein smoothy.
  • HerHusbandTheirDaddy
    Options
    Promisil powder by Rivalus is very good. Both my wife and I drink the chocolate (the have other flavors)...20g protein per serving and only 90 Cals.
  • osc79
    osc79 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend both of the below sold by Nutrishops:

Nu-Tek Pro5 (vanilla)
    http://www.nuteknutrition.com/nutek/products/protein/pro5

Vitasport Pro7ein Synthesis (chocolate)
    http://vitasport.net/vitasport/products/protein/pro7ein-synthesis
    http://tracker.dailyburn.com/nutrition/vitasport_pro7ein_synthesis_calories

Both are low in fat, carbs, and high in protein. They are a little pricey, but IMO worth it. The taste is great and my wife likes 'em.
  • PeterSullivan93
    Options
    KAIZEN PROTIEN POWDER, cheap and great, not a rip off like alot of other powders
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I received my order of TruTein Cinnabun flavored protein powder yesterday and it's the ****. I made some protein pancakes last night and they were amazing.
  • Huffnagel
    Options
    I use Brown rice protein by Nutribiotic. I get mine at The Vitamin Shoppe.
    They honor their website price in the store so I go in prepared and always get it cheaper.
    I prefer this protein powder because it is only 60 calories, no additives.
  • Lord007
    Lord007 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Like several people here, I use Body Fortress Whey Protein. I find it in my local grocery store so I don't have to make a special trip. A 2 lb container (24 servings) costs appx $15. I add it to 8 oz of Soyslender and it's awesome!

210 calories, 33g protein, 2g fat, 9g carbohydrates, 2g sugar
  • Keegan4
    Keegan4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    EAS Sports Nutrition recently put out a new lean shake. It has 15 grams of protein if I'm not mistaken and is available at Target for about 20 bucks. I haven't sample it myself so I can't tell you how well it work. I have used CytoSports Muscle Milk Light and it has a good taste.
  • utvolsfan74
    utvolsfan74 Posts: 105
    Options
    I use body fortress chocolate and peanut butter flavor with skim milk and it is awesome, sometime I might add just a little bit of banana
  • kspirit
    kspirit Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I use champion chocolate, vanilla or strawberry. Love all the flavors. And it's really low in carbs per serving --2 carbs. I love putting ichocloate flavor in the blender with frozen cherries and silk vanilla almond milk. Taste like a milkshake and fills me up.
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I use GNC's whey isolate. 140 calories and 28 grams of protein per serving. I add vanilla to my morning coffee w cinnamon...