Scale Help?!

Options
Ok, I now FULLY understand why everyone on MFP says only weigh yourself no more than once a week. The numbers tend to fluctuate a lot!

So when I first started I bought a cheap Weight Watchers Scale at Rite Aid for 20$. It only reads in pounds and has a plastic plate. The capacity is 330 LBS. It measures in .5 increments. So it's either 311, 311.5 or 312 and so on.......

But then I went to Ross last night and found a Taylor Scale with a glass plate and it was only 14.99. I heard Taylor scales are pretty good. It measures in LB, KG and ST. It has a 400 LB capacity

So here's the thing......

I weighed myself this morning as usual. My weight Watchers Scale read 313 and the other one read 310.8 I was shocked at how much a difference the 2 scales had. I had my husband weigh himself on both as well. They each had a 2 pound difference between the to. 1 read 160 and one read 158.

So earlier I put 20 LB weight on each. The new one (Taylor) read 20.2 and the Weight Watchers one read 20 even. So I'm so confused and IDK which scale to follow.

The weight Watchers one read 313 but my last weigh-in recorded was 311.5. I've been doing everything right (I think) so I don't see how I could have gained 2.5 pounds.

Which one should I use?!

Replies

• butteryou77
    Options
    stay on your scale that you have ben w twhat be cause scale well do that .my new scale i got weight 350 and if
    i go to the d-r well be deff . some time i go up down i do not like it. but you are a good friend how did you get the pictures
    like that you have on your page i like to do that to pleasse help pam
  • Jessica_Henry74
    Options
    bump
  • Jessica_Henry74
    Options
    stay on your scale that you have ben w twhat be cause scale well do that .my new scale i got weight 350 and if
    i go to the d-r well be deff . some time i go up down i do not like it. but you are a good friend how did you get the pictures
    like that you have on your page i like to do that to pleasse help pam

Thanks Pam. For the pictures, I edited them on photobucket.com
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Just pick one. Obviously neither one is perfect. Stick with one or the other.

Really the difference is minor in the scheme of things.
  • DellG85
    DellG85 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'd just stick with the ones you've been using so far as although they may or may not be a couple of pounds out, they will still measure your losses accurately xxx
  • estherpab
    estherpab Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to be but with TWO TAYLOR scales. What I did was keep the one that said I weighed less and returned the other,,,it's obviously broken... :/. Do the same :).