Looking for a friend here, to motivate each other

Options
It's great to read all the success stories on the forum, but sometimes you just need someone to tell you to put that chocolate bar down. Anyone want to volunteer? I can do that for you too. I'm trying to lose 6lbs by April 9th, as a small step on the way to my goal of losing 20 lbs and then maintaining.

2750464.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I would probably tell you to enjoy the chocolate bar, so I'd be no good. I bet you will get lots of friend requests, though. Good luck! :smile:
  • sxci8
    sxci8 Posts: 24
    Options
    I would love such a friend too!
  • Focusonfifty
    Focusonfifty Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm available, I'll tell you get a dark chocolate bar. That way you can satisfy your crave while eating the "good" chocolate. No deprivations here. All good choices, all in moderation.
  • katyaguseva
    Options
    haha true! but since i already had a half of the extra creamy hazelnut milk godiva bar, i think it's def. not a moderation to even think about the dark chocolate. done with my calories for today and it's only 5 pm, thinking of what to do tonight to distract myself from thinking about food.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I'm available, I'll tell you get a dark chocolate bar. That way you can satisfy your crave while eating the "good" chocolate. No deprivations here. All good choices, all in moderation.

And I'll tell you it isn't worth the sugar in it! LOL Here, have a cheese stick! LOL
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    haha true! but since i already had a half of the extra creamy hazelnut milk godiva bar, i think it's def. not a moderation to even think about the dark chocolate. done with my calories for today and it's only 5 pm, thinking of what to do tonight to distract myself from thinking about food.

Go for a walk? Or some other type of exercise? Bonus is, since you burn calories you can eat more!
  • Superstar_81
    Superstar_81 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I could also do with some motivation now and again, being good is so hard lol! Feel free to add me!
  • slinkycat1729
    slinkycat1729 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im happy to be here to motivate you. Ive really stuck to my calorie intake the last 3 weeks, and have lost 8lbs. I only have another 4 to go! I have found that when I'm getting close to my calorie allowance for the day, I am stopping short by 100 caloriess and making myself drink water to fill me up, Cutting back on those 100 calories makes me feel that I have been able to say no to that last thing, and makes me feel that Ive been in control. Good luck with the last few pounds, and if you need me, please give me a holler.
    Caroline x
  • HerbieSue
    HerbieSue Posts: 288
    Options
    And I'll tell you it isn't worth the sugar in it! LOL Here, have a cheese stick! LOL
    [/quote]

You win! I like your answer, and don't keep it around the house so it won't be tempting, I know I can't!
    In other words, "Just say NO!"
  • Cynfthful
    Options
    Try Special K with chocolate instead it satisfies my chocolate cravings and I dont feel bad afterwards:smile:
  • jendutton5
    jendutton5 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    head to the gym or out for a run.....you aren't thinking about eating the calories you don't have PLUS....you get more calories!!!! YAY!
  • katyaguseva
    Options
    The problem is there's always chocolate at work (and it's A LOT OF IT and everyone else is eating it!) but i'm going to walk back home should take me about half hour and it's nice out, and i will make up for at least one square of that chocolate.