Italian homemade Bread....under 100 cal per slice

Options
Picture coming soon bread still in oven!!!!

Ingredients:
4 cups of bread flour
2 1/2 cups of luke warm water
1 packet of active dry yeast
pinch of salt
1 tbsp of sugar in the raw
1 tbsp olive oil

Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
In a small bowl add two and a half cups of luke warm water along with the packet of yeast and tbsp of sugar, stir with a fork and let rest for five minutes. You will notice the yeast activating (foam) In a large bowl (or counter top) add 4 cups of flour make a well in the middle and add the water mixture and salt. Mix well and knead till the dough forms together. In a baking pan coat the bottom with the olive oil and place dough in pan, cover with film and let rest for 30-45 minutes in an non ventilated area. Once it has proofed (about double in size) place in oven 35 minutes.
and you will have the best bread ever....

Replies

• KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    sounds delicious. What's your portion size for that 100 calorie per slice and how many does it serve?
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    YUM! I have never made bread before. This "looks" easy enough! I might try it, although my problem is that I would probably eat the whole loaf in one sitting!
  • Claible
    Claible Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chefabitino
    Options
    sounds delicious. What's your portion size for that 100 calorie per slice and how many does it serve?

Per Serving: (cal)100 (carbs)18 (fat)1 (protein)3 (sugar)1 (fiber)1
    From this loaf I usually get about 20 slices
  • chefabitino
    Options
    YUM! I have never made bread before. This "looks" easy enough! I might try it, although my problem is that I would probably eat the whole loaf in one sitting!

LMAO I know especially when it comes right out of the oven.. My house smells SOOOOOOOO Goooood
  • chefabitino
    Options
    Its actually still in the oven and it has about 20 left I will post Pic...
  • spynoodle
    Options
    So, with this, what you're saying is that WORST CASE SCENARIO is 2000 calories if I eat it ALL at once! Got it!

[/quote]
  • chefabitino
    Options
    So, with this, what you're saying is that WORST CASE SCENARIO is 2000 calories if I eat it ALL at once! Got it!

[/quote]

That's right!!!! But if you can manage to burn some cals with exercise it will counter balance. Maybe I should ride my bike while bread is still in oven...hmmmm.
  • GroupXZ
    GroupXZ Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Lol... Sigh. Homemade bread is the best.
  • spynoodle
    Options
    I wouldn't REALLY eat the whole loaf. Just fantasize about it. :ohwell:

I'm getting much better at portion control. I tend to cook meals in big batches and portion everything out in single serving containers.
  • chefabitino
    Options
    Lol... Sigh. Homemade bread is the best.

I know... You should also check out the eggplant parmigiana I just made as well. Its under recipes as well. That will be my dinner this evening. Fresh homemade bread and eggplant Parmigiana..
  • chefabitino
    Options
    I wouldn't REALLY eat the whole loaf. Just fantasize about it. :ohwell:

I'm getting much better at portion control. I tend to cook meals in big batches and portion everything out in single serving containers.

Yep! That's what i do as well. this bread and eggplant parmigiana will be portioned and saved for other meals.. Tommorrow I am experimenting on making Sushi "Italian Sooshi" using arborio rice (risotto) instead and basil leaf instead of sea weed wrap + other ingredients...
  • chefabitino
    Options
    Here it is. Minutes out of the oven....

U0LUM.jpg?1
  • GroupXZ
    GroupXZ Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Drool
  • spynoodle
    Options
    Oh my!!! I wasn't expecting round! So, I guess you just slice that bad boy up like a pie!
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Oh my!!! I wasn't expecting round! So, I guess you just slice that bad boy up like a pie!

MMmmm YESS!!! OMG BREAD!! :love:
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options

I know... You should also check out the eggplant parmigiana I just made as well. Its under recipes as well. That will be my dinner this evening. Fresh homemade bread and eggplant Parmigiana..

OMG!! Ur KILLING me here... Would your family mind an additional 3 for dinner? We won't stay long, I promise to eat & run lol

Thanks for sharing the recipes! :bigsmile:
  • toriann143
    Options
    bump for later, thanks for sharing :)
  • chefabitino
    Options
    Thank You all for the wonderful comments..
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Ooo major bump!

Is there any kind of substitute for bread flour?