Having trouble losing weight, need a little encouragement

lrsteins
lrsteins Posts: 7
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi everyone! I'm new on here and this is my first time posting. I joined about a week and a half ago, and I really find the support and structure helpful.

About six months ago, I started a low-dose birth control and since then, I have felt like I've gained weight. It's not a substantial amount, probably 5 pounds, but it is enough for me to feel uncomfortable and not as confident as I used to feel. Since going on the medication, I've really tried to watch what I eat and exercise...but I really want to lose the added weight before I start my senior year of college.

So far, I have not lost anything, which is frustrating, so I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar problem when trying to lose weight on birth control. A success story of losing weight while on the pill might make me feel a little better- right now, I feel like I'm fighting an uphill battle!

Also, I'm trying to do more cardio exercise- is that the best type of exercise for losing weight? I was doing more resistance training/weight-lifting, but found that it wasn't doing much.

And finally (sorry for all the questions), how do you stay motivated?

Thank you! and Best wishes!

Replies

• biochemnrd
    biochemnrd Posts: 33
    I think it's too early to say you haven't lost anything. I recommend doing exactly as you are doing now and check back in a few days. (Try not to weigh yourself everyday. It's really a downer sometimes :ohwell: .)

As for motivation. I stay motivated by looking at my progress, other fatties and how I no longer want to be one, and by rewards I give myself when I lose a certain amount of weight. (My next goal is tattoos on my hips at 140 lbs - still got 17lbs to go :glasses: )
  • lrsteins
    lrsteins Posts: 7
    Thank you! Good advice on not weighing myself everyday, I really have to put the scale away for a week! And I like the idea of a reward...that isn't food. Sometimes, if I've been trying to eat healthier, I'll justify having something "naughty" because I've "earned" it. Thanks for the tips and good luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.