Recommend strength training

Options
Hey all you strength-trainers. Please share your favourite strength training exercise/activity (beginner level, por favor)

Replies

• Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    stronglifts.com
  • MotorCityFemmeFatale
    MotorCityFemmeFatale Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    .strongmen/women or weight training?
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    well.... i dont know :) i just see people logging "stength training" and from what i gather its good for toning muscule (true?) i'm not going for a lot of muscle, just a stronger core, shapely legs, ya know.
  • MotorCityFemmeFatale
    MotorCityFemmeFatale Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    http://www.billpearl.com/programs/programs.asp?d=1

This will take you through beginner and beyond.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Chalean Extreme from Beachbody. I did the 90-day program before Christmas, and I'll do another round starting in mid-April. I'm still doing pushups to keep in practice. Lifting does seem to stimulate my metabolism. I like having muscles, too. :tongue:

I keep hearing favorable comments about the book, The New Rules of Lifting for Women. I want to check it out.
  • Lukazetta
    Lukazetta Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Hey all you strength-trainers. Please share your favourite strength training exercise/activity (beginner level, por favor)

Here are some programs/guides for women from bodybuilder.com on strength training.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/find-a-plan-muscle-building-2039-female.html

I use some of the guides from the men's section but I only use what I believe is appropriate for my goals because you really have to adapt your workouts to your own body (since everyone's is different). So even if you don't use the full program it's something you can look into/research just to get an idea of a lifting routine.

Good luck!
  • kenscarlson
    kenscarlson Posts: 24 Member
    Options

Here are some programs/guides for women from bodybuilder.com on strength training.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/find-a-plan-muscle-building-2039-female.html

I use some of the guides from the men's section but I only use what I believe is appropriate for my goals because you really have to adapt your workouts to your own body (since everyone's is different). So even if you don't use the full program it's something you can look into/research just to get an idea of a lifting routine.

Good luck!

I second that. bodybuilding.com

Go to the forums section and read all the "stickys" In the nutirtion section and the exercise plan section. It will save you a lot of time, research is key. Stickys are threads that are permanatly at the top because of their value.
  • ValaryAnne
    ValaryAnne Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like Cathe. She has so many combinations of strength training workouts...and she will REALLY challenge you, and you will see improvement.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Chalean Extreme from Beachbody. I did the 90-day program before Christmas, and I'll do another round starting in mid-April. I'm still doing pushups to keep in practice. Lifting does seem to stimulate my metabolism. I like having muscles, too. :tongue:

I keep hearing favorable comments about the book, The New Rules of Lifting for Women. I want to check it out.

I use this program as well. I like having all the hard work done for me especially since I have time constraints.

I will check out the other links the other posters have posted though. I'm always open to tweaking my workouts.
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Starting Strength or New Rules of Lifting are great
  • joannasaurusrex
    Options
    Get your hot *kitten* to a Body Pump class!! :) You'll learn loads of great moves, get advice on weight and shape up in no time.

Plus then you can replicate all the moves when you're in the gym :)
  • surprisewind
    Options
    I tried several things before I settled on the program we use now. I bought "New rules of lifting for women" and several others but have decided I really like the program in "You are your own gym" by Mark Lauren. It described the exercises clearly, has an awesome itunes app, allows a ton of varietion, and I can do it in the gym or at home. It's all bodyweight and while it seriously kicks my *kitten*, I felt a little stronger and straighter after only a week. And as I said, it allows a lot of variation so I can still get a good workout even with my various injuries (cervical fusions, torn TFCC in my wrist ,etc).