Tracy Anderson Method

Options
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has already done some of the Tracy Anderson Stuff (Method, 30 Days, Metamorphosis, etc.) and can tell me a little about it, how it works, maybe some results, etc. or if there are better DVDs or programs out there (which I can buy on amazon or the like since I'm from Germany)
I just got started here and I would like to add some at home fitness to my schedule!

Thanks for any suggestions and help :)

Replies

• mycovington
    mycovington Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Well....I've done a few Tracy Anderson DVDs. The only one I really like is her Mat Workout DVD. Stay away from her aerobics DVDs they get a lot of bad reviews. You may want to look on Amazon.com at the reviews. They have helped me pick and choose. Jillian Michaels DVDs are always good.
  • anda2oo5
    anda2oo5 Posts: 77
    Options
    Hello,
    I tried for 2 days Tracy Andersons Method and i just didnt like it....specially her cardio, she doesnt do a very good job explaining things,u have to figure them out yourself, shes like in her own little world working out lol it just wasnt for me, but who knows, u might like it...after the cardio the mat workouts are ok...u can really feel ur muscles working...for me, it wasnt challenging enough to make me continue...I tried a lot of workout dvds and the only ones that keep me going is Insanity (Beachbody) and Turbofire.

Good Luck!!
  • casiopeiya
    Options

For what I read in recent posts here is that many are doing the 30 day shred by jillian michaels. Is it really manageable to do it everyday (in terms of soreness)?
  • Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Oh yes. I think more people have raved about 30DS than anything else on this site. I haven't done 30DS, but I've done a similar JM workout called Ripped in 30. It was really good and now I'm doing her Killer Buns & Thighs.

What's nice about her workouts is there are multiple levels so you may do the first (easiest) level for a week - 10 days. Then you move to the second level and so on. This keeps you from getting bored and also helps you progress. What's also nice is her DVDs are usually under $10 each. Tracy Andersons are expensive.

Best of luck!
  • casiopeiya
    Options
    Thanks Lanna,
    I will think about it and as soon as my hand surgery is all healed up I will buy and start one of these programs and see where it takes me :)
  • anda2oo5
    anda2oo5 Posts: 77
    Options
    I agree, Jillian Michaels is great! no matter what dvd u chose :) 30 day shred is a bit easier than Ripped in 30 and i know a lot of ppl started with that then moved their way up to Ripped in 30.
  • natiebebe1
    Options
    I am a massive massive fan of Tracy Anderson... People that say bad things about her work outs are lazy and can not handle the Pain... i have had 3 children and my youngest is 12 weeks.... I have been doing her post pregnancy work out, Matt Method, Cardio and a little of her Metamorphasis and my body has changed dramatically since i gave birth ... i am back into size 10 jeans(AU) and size 10 tops (AU) I lost 10kgs and 2 dress sizes in 7 weeks....
    She has changed my body and i am in better shape than i was before i had my first baby.... Her method works it really does... it takes time and yes it is hard at first but if you stick to it you will def fall in love with your new body the way i have and i owe it all to the TRACY ANDERSON METHOD
  • carriereid24
    carriereid24 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Do you follow the diet? It seems really low in calories to me. I have her Mat DVD and love it. I'm thinking about getting Meta. Have you done the rebounder DVD?