600 calories once a week

Options
ieva015
ieva015 Posts: 93 Member
i was wondering could i stay waay beyond my calorie goal once or maybe twice in a week?
for example, i have binged today, so could i eat only 600 calories tomorrow in order to still lose that one pound i'm aiming to lose a week?
or just to speed up the weight loss? i don't think that one day can do a lot of damage. am i wrong?

Replies

• PunkRockDad
    Options
    One day will not make a difference in the least bit. As long as you are meeting your goals on a weekly basis, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Look up Zig-Zagging

Way back in the day this was called the "Rotation" diet.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I actually cheat once a week. It is on Friday. I eat whatever I have been craving that week. I say start fresh tomorrow and not worry about today. And then maybe always pick a cheat day, and maybe that will help you to not binge during the week.
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I was amazed last night had a friend over and we drank about 6 beers each and I also ate oreo cookies yesterday and went over on calories by about 300 ... I woke up weighing 2 pounds less.. I don't understand!!!!!
  • ieva015
    Options
    I was amazed last night had a friend over and we drank about 6 beers each and I also ate oreo cookies yesterday and went over on calories by about 300 ... I woke up weighing 2 pounds less.. I don't understand!!!!!

omg :OO
  • SheIsElusive
    Options
    I feel like every time i drink the night before, that I always lose a pound or two the next day also... its so weird...
  • llahairdna
    llahairdna Posts: 521 Member
    Options

I want THIS diet.
  • TisMee76
    TisMee76 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have read on here that going all out once a week gives your metabolism a shake up.

Too scared to try it though!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I do something similar to this, but not as drastic. I basically just try to concentrate on my weekly calorie goals rather than my daily. So most days I end up a bit under, and then some days I go over a little. It's called zig-zagging, as someone mentioned. As long as I'm staying under my weekly net goal, I'm happy and I keep losing consistently!

Only 600 calories in a day is a bit harsh, though. Just once will be fine, but try not to make a habit of eating so many calories one day and so few the next!
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Have you ever heard of zig zagging your calories? I used to do it when I was trying to lose weight.

Here's an explanation of what that is:
    http://www.rippednaturally.com/zig-zag-diet.html

And here's a calculator to tell you how much you should eat:
    http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
  • sjackson1717
    sjackson1717 Posts: 94 Member
    Options

Maybe you're Dehydrated from all of the beer?
  • beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    A lot of times the weight lost after drinking is just dehydration.

To the OP, going that low one day isn't going to hurt you in the long run, unless it sets you up for a cycle of binge then undereat which would be a serious issue. Otherwise, you could also just lower your calories by a couple of hundred over the next few days (eating the rest of the calories healthily) to make up for it. Or exercise an extra couple of hundred calories to balance it all out.
  • PunkRockDad
    Options

If you did not drink any water that day, it is likely that you lost 2 lbs. due to dehydration. Alcohol dehydrates us inside.
  • ChubbyStudent25
    Options
    You lose weight after a night of drinking because alcohol dehydrates you. It's just water weight.
  • JoeyTajzai
    JoeyTajzai Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Having one cheat meal a week is very important. It's actually said that you should have about 3100 Calories once a week, this helps reset your metabolism, so when you cut, you lose weight much faster
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I would say it is probably better to exercise to lose the extra calories than to starve yourself. When you eat very few calories your body goes into starvation mode. You should just add an extra workout today like 30 minutes of cardio, and extra tomorrow.
  • ieva015
    Options
    Have you ever heard of zig zagging your calories? I used to do it when I was trying to lose weight.

Here's an explanation of what that is:
    http://www.rippednaturally.com/zig-zag-diet.html

And here's a calculator to tell you how much you should eat:
    http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

thanks a lot for those links, definitely going to try it now! :)
  • lionwes59
    lionwes59 Posts: 11
    Options
    dehydration from the alcohol.
  • ctriston
    ctriston Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I stayed the same weight for two weeks, eating 1200 then excersing fo the extra...
    but then I had a day where I had chinese and half a bottle of wine, way over cals...
    next day 1 lb up, prob water weight, next day 1 lb less, now back to mfp and losing steadily again...

think your body needs a shake up, reasurance that more food is available, so the shake up works for me, I don;t do it weekly though, every few weeks which fits in with events...
  • Chrisgarcia1287
    Options
    i was wondering could i stay waay beyond my calorie goal once or maybe twice in a week?
    for example, i have binged today, so could i eat only 600 calories tomorrow in order to still lose that one pound i'm aiming to lose a week?
    or just to speed up the weight loss? i don't think that one day can do a lot of damage. am i wrong?

Personally i wouldn't recommend it. Your body needs fuel. Even on your "off" days. Your supposed to eat about the same amount of calories you normally would. Maybe a little less since your not working out.

Your body alone is burning calories throughout the day. But just doing your everyday schedule, sitting, standing, walking, and sleeping. You will have burned over 600 calories. (example: a person at 115 pounds can burn up to 300 or so calories while sleeping.)