Protein Supplements

Options
Does anybody have any good recommendations for protein supplements. I am looking to order off of amazon or walmart, if possible due to cheaper prices. The lower the carbs, the better. Thanks.

Replies

• greasygriddle_wechnage
    Options
    syntrax essence. 0 carbs. chocolate and vanilla, taste awesome
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Anything Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey.
  • klkopa
    klkopa Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I love optimum nutrition 100% whey also. 24 g protein and only 2g carbs. they have tons of flavors and its cheap on bodybuilding.com
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    My DH and I eat (from Walmart) Body Fortress Whey protein. AdvantEdge Carb Control Protein (this is great for on the go). DH likes Atkins bars (the peanut butter ones) I prefer Pure Protein bars. All of those are lower in carbs.
  • Specialkayrina
    Specialkayrina Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I love BSN Syntha-6 Protein Powder - Cookies N' Cream. Tastes just like a milkshake!
  • smcassaro
    smcassaro Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Designer Whey French Vanilla (Target sales it for $20). Only 3g of carbs & no fake sugar.
  • Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    The protein shots are a great way to get a large dose of protein with no sugar/caffeine, etc. Only thing is, they taste TERRIBLE! I gag for about an hour after taking them.

I use Muscle Milk protein powder and like the taste. Although I haven't experimented with other brands much.
  • PunkRockDad
    Options
    I had some Muscle Milk today from 7-11. $4.00 for 14 ounces!!!!!! :sad:

Thanks everyone for the responses, I will research all the ones mentioned above.

I did find a good guide over on bodybuilding.com explaining the different types of protein and the reviews from users.

Thanks again all for the comments, you guys rock!
  • rubysphoto
    rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    My DH and I eat (from Walmart) Body Fortress Whey protein. AdvantEdge Carb Control Protein (this is great for on the go). DH likes Atkins bars (the peanut butter ones) I prefer Pure Protein bars. All of those are lower in carbs.

^^^^^^2nd this^^^^^^
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Love Optimum Nutrition and the most important part for me, it tastes good!
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of the ON whey as well. I personally prefer the double rich chocolate but I haven't had a bad flavor of theirs yet.

I've had Body Fortress and it was ok. I just prefer the ON.

I did try a 6lb bag of Muscle Milk Whey powder from costco. For the amount, the price wasn't bad, but it was sooo disgusting. I couldn't make it through the last lb before enough was enough.
  • PunkRockDad
    Options
    Bought some Body Fortress Whey Isolate Vanilla last night at Walmart. Drank some this morning with half skim milk / half water and it tasted pretty damn good. 30 grams of protein per scoop.