Is a flat stomach possible after 3 kids?

Options
Is there someone out there that has had several children natural and gained alot of weight like (100 pounds) that now has a flat tummy. I am working on the weight loss but just wondering if i will ever have flat tummy again even after weight loss. Pics would be great.

Replies

• mamadrums
    mamadrums Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    i hope so cause that's what im shooting for too.
  • hjfischer
    hjfischer Posts: 250
    Options
    I have 4 kids. All by c-section. Gained 55 lbs, 30 lbs, 50 lbs, 48 lbs. I do not have a flat stomach. I was close after number 3, but not this time ;( There is extra skin and after 4 c-sections....I am not sure. I think if I lost 20 lbs I would! Good luck!
  • emczech5
    emczech5 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'd sure like to know too! I've heard it's possible. Although, I hear women who have had c-sections have a harder time getting the flat belly back than women who deliver vaginally.
  • seobstar
    seobstar Posts: 169
    Options
    I've had 3 kids and gained about 60 pounds with my last one and my stomach is completely flat (no rolls, etc). Now, that being said, I do believe it depends on the person, genetics, etc! Abs are made up 90% in the kitchen and 10% in the gym. You have to eat clean, whole grains, no processed foods, etc. And then on top of that, workout hard, push yourself, stay motivated! =)
  • VanillaBone
    VanillaBone Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've had five, one of those being a C-section.
    I'm about twenty pounds from my goal, and I have seen enough progress that I believe I will eventually have a flat belly.
    I started out at 240 and pretty saggy, like you'd expect, but over the last year it's tightened up to a little pot-belly, if that makes sense. It sticks out a bit, but it doesn't just hang there anymore.
  • hooligansmom
    hooligansmom Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I think everyone wishes for a flat stomach, but I am learning to like what I have. I think if I lose about 20 more pounds, there is a possibility that my stomach will be flat. Before I had children, I weighed 125 lbs. My starting weight this past January was 208, so I gained over 80 pounds in the course of my motherhood.

I thought about posting a picture of what my stomach looks like now, but thought better of it. It looks great at the top, but I still have some fat and stretch marks on the bottom part. I can wear a bikini if it covers most of my lower stomach.
  • rcarri
    rcarri Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I know a couple of women that each had two kids and both work out regularly and both have flat stomachs. I on the other hand, do not. Hopefully, with proper diet and exercise, I too can join the flat belly club!
  • shano25
    shano25 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Also google diastasis recti to see how to do the test to see if that is affecting you. If you have that muscle separation then it can be harder to lose the belly weight. And the more pregnancies you have, the higher your risk of having it happen.
  • den75
    den75 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Vanillabone that sounds great. My starting weight was about what your was. I had NO c-section so hopefully....... What kind of excercise did you do?
  • VanillaBone
    VanillaBone Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I started losing in late 2010-early 2011, using a ski machine. I did two rounds of the Insanity program, I guess that would be Interval Training. Now I just jog.

I don't know if it matters what kind of exercise, so much as just losing the weight and giving it time. It's so easy to let the way your belly looks get you down, but you have to stick with it and give your skin time to mend itself. I also started eating healthier and drinking crazy amounts of water, and I'm sure that helped.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    My heaviest weight was 203lbs. I've had two kids (within 2 years of one another). My belly definitely looks a lot better than it did, but it still isn't completely flat. I think the majority of what is left is simply over stretched skin that simply isn't going to bounce back and tighten up. Mine is actually below my belly button vs on or above my belly button. I've learned to accept that at 36 years old with two kids - I don't NEED a perfectly flat belly. I have no intention of ever wearing a bikini again. I've learned to love myself for what I am. There is only so much you can do with diet and exercise. Some of it is just genetics and the after effects of life on your body.