30 day shred...does is work really good?

Options

Replies

• Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I did it for 30 days and lost almost 13inches...no real lbs lost but i'm close to my goal
  • marla_jones
    marla_jones Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bump
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I plan on doing this with normal 30 min cardio to get the max results. Take measurements before, I heard that is the biggest difference. I started yesterday, and boy it was a workout!
  • mjok31
    mjok31 Posts: 84
    Options
    I just finished last Friday....I loved it, but also did an additional 30 to 45 min of cardio with it. I lost 8 pounds and 10.25" over all inches. On Monday I started round 2 of the Shred! I would suggest it to anyone!!! Good luck!!!!
  • numindan
    numindan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Just wondering - how much physical space in your room do you need to do the activities on the DVD? I have a small room and may need to re-organize everything in it before I can begin if the space requirements are large.

Thanks.
  • mousecat84
    Options
    If you can lay your body on the floor and have enough room for jumping jacks, you should be fine! Mind you, I've only done level one so far and things may be different in the other two levels...
  • egiakatt
    egiakatt Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    We need weights to do this? How heavy do they need to be if so? Thanks!
  • numindan
    numindan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    If you can lay your body on the floor and have enough room for jumping jacks, you should be fine! Mind you, I've only done level one so far and things may be different in the other two levels...
    Perfect! I shall move all the dog beds (begging for trouble there) to a different part of the room and trying lying down in the space that's left. If that's not sufficient I guess hubs will need to move his big clunky chair out of the way :bigsmile:
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    I can almost guarantee nobody's workout space is as small as mine! But, like the other poster said, you just need enough room to lay down and do jumping jacks. I'm onto level 2 tonight!! I'm really enjoying it so far!
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    It's worked for me! I love Jillian.
  • msmileyface
    msmileyface Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it only once or twice a week because I am mixing in other things (other Jillian DVDs, pilates, zumba, and kickboxing) but I definitely think it is helpful. It is a hard workout and feels very effective!
  • kturn6420
    kturn6420 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just finished workout day #4, she kicked my butt. Cant wait to take measurements in a few more workouts. Planning on measuring and weighing weekly!
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Hi, I did it 30 times in 33 days, I lost 2.8kg which is about 5.9lbs but I toned up a lot. I used 2.5kg weights (about 5ish lbs) which were slightly heavy for some things and slightly light for others but they were what I had so I just used them. The space needed is enough to lie down on the floor with your arms stretched out above your head and wide enough to do a skater (sort of a leap to the side) which is a little bit more than what you need for a star jump (jumping jack).
    This is a photo of my before and after shots.

Finished-1.jpg
  • Nharley
    Nharley Posts: 201
    Options
    I think so, even if I am not doing it daily. In the first 10 days I released 2 inches off my waist although I didn't drop any weight.
  • hollycleans
    Options
    What's the 30 day shred?
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian :) It didn't help me lose a lot pounds, but my measurements were a lot better, I felt WAY stronger/healthier, and I felt more toned. I'm now moved on to Ripped In 30 :) Great for you for ordering it, you won't regret it! However I have one suggestion; eat right! I definitely slacked off when it came to consumption, but if you eat clean or follow her meal plan, your results will be so much better! Best of luck :)
  • kaitlynnrogers
    kaitlynnrogers Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi, I did it 30 times in 33 days, I lost 2.8kg which is about 5.9lbs but I toned up a lot. I used 2.5kg weights (about 5ish lbs) which were slightly heavy for some things and slightly light for others but they were what I had so I just used them. The space needed is enough to lie down on the floor with your arms stretched out above your head and wide enough to do a skater (sort of a leap to the side) which is a little bit more than what you need for a star jump (jumping jack).
    This is a photo of my before and after shots.

Finished-1.jpg

thats amazing!! good job!!
  • kaitlynnrogers
    kaitlynnrogers Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone! i'll definitely try it! i'm not really trying to lose weight, just tone up(:
  • mamaolden
    mamaolden Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    How many pounds or inches can one lose doing the month of jillian michaels 30 day shred???
  • NekaLee
    NekaLee Posts: 51
    Options
    30 day Shred is a great work out for beginners. Even those who are advanced could benefit from using this workout a few times a week but not everyday. Simply because, the workout is too short. If you are looking for a great workout to start building all around muscle, definately try this. if you are looking for that something extra, this may not be enough for you. Try combining this workout with 30 minutes of cardio a day and you will get insane results. Ive been doing this dvd for a year and a half about once or twice a week, incorporated with other workouts to get the results I need.
    [/quote]

Tessa, I'm doing Insanity and Jillian 30day shred. Do you think that's ok for me? Insanity is 6days a week, should I do Jillian 3days a week?