New to this

Options
Hi all!! Im new to this and am looking to drop roughly 10 lbs. I really have no idea how this program works. I have never dealt with dieting before and find myself clueless on what I can eat and what I cant. So I eat alot of salad and eggs. Im so sick of these foods!! Could anyone give me advice on how they use this site and maybe food ideas?? Thank you! Becky

Replies

• michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Lots of water and skinnytaste.com!
    AND make sure to log everything you eat. It has really helped me become more accountable to myself... :) Good Luck!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    First off, this is a lifestyle change not a "diet"! :bigsmile: If you want to lose weight and keep it off, you need to make lasting, healthy changes to your overall lifestyle.

Look for high quality foods. None of the processed crap out there. Lean Cuisine really doesn't work. Shop the outside of your grocery store. Make most of your own meals. There is literally nothing you can't eat, unless you're allergic to it! Just keep it all in moderation!

Good luck! :smile:
  • lodiloohoo64
    lodiloohoo64 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am new too. I joined in January but didn't start really using MFP until a few weeks ago. It is really working for me and I love it. I have a bunch more to lose then you do but hey!!! You have to start! I am a mother, a grandmother and a nurse. Let's get on this!!!
  • gjc50
    gjc50 Posts: 35
    Options
    hi, welcome, 10 lbs? Wish i had so little! Well, log in and log all your foods and also go to tools and you will be given a calorie amount for your daily intake according to your age, weight etc. if you havent already done so. Go from there, it will be easy seeing what calories each food has and you will quickly know what not to eat! Simply eat lean and green and drink lots of water and move~ you can also view other friends food diary and see what works for them! good luck!
  • gjc50
    gjc50 Posts: 35
    Options
    skinny taste .com? im checkin this out!
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    skinny taste .com? im checkin this out!
    I read about it on another message board....Some of the recipes look pretty good, but I don't have time during the week for some prep time...I just need to make time on the weekend to cook for the week and my life would be SO MUCH EASIER!!! :smile:
  • ohiowatching
    ohiowatching Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks! So what if you eat something you make that isnt on the list when you write it on your food diet?
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com is AWESOME!!!
  • blondiej43
    Options
    Eat less , Exercise more. Make better choices of the foods you eat and read labels. Track everything you eat. Dont drink Soda. Stick with it. Its a lifestyle change. GOOD LUCK!
  • ohiowatching
    ohiowatching Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    he Skinnytaste.com site is wonderful!!!
  • maxlauren
    Options
    skinnytaste.com is awesome!!!