bloated!!

Options
didn't know which section to put this in but..

i'm stupidly healthy have about 7 portions of fruit and veg a day and try to exercise atleast 3 times a week. used to get bloated from time to time. last week i didn't get chance to exercise at all as i was at work all week and have found that i've been really bloated since then.. it happens all the time but obviously worse when i've just eaten. i'm so thin so i look so weird- my mom even said its so bad i look pregnant! tried peppermint tea but that hasn't done anything as yet.. any suggestions??

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    not really, there was a great article about foods that cause you to bloat in Oxygen magazine a few months ago. I don't remember if it went into anything that can reduce bloat or not, but try Googling the article maybe.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Do you eat a lot of dairy? That gives me major bloat. Could you possibly have issues with gluten? That can also cause major bloating as well.
  • angng
    angng Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's something you eat?

Have you tried probiotics? I really like this probiotic juice drink called GoodBelly; it's hard to find if you don't have a Whole Foods though. Their website has a product locator though.
  • lilybearr
    Options
    erm not really.. only have milk on my cereal and in my cups of tea. i don't understand it though cause i'm eating the same as i did 2 weeks ago but now i'm blowing up like a balloon
  • lilybearr
    Options
    Maybe it's something you eat?

Have you tried probiotics? I really like this probiotic juice drink called GoodBelly; it's hard to find if you don't have a Whole Foods though. Their website has a product locator though.

i'm from england! but i'll look into something similar :)
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    1. Too much dairy?
    2. Some kind of food sensitivity like gluten?
    3. Time of the month?
    4. Constipated?

For the record, I love probiotics. Made my bloating issues go away.
  • crato
    crato Posts: 2
    Options
    I recently watched an episode of the Dr. Oz show and he talked about eating Caraway seeds to reduce bloating. I would check out his website for the exact information he was talking about.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    More water! It can really help reduce the bloat, surprisingly enough. Next probiotics. Even just eating yogurt with live cultures should help.
  • lilybearr
    Options
    i don't think it's too much dairy! i'll look into the probiotics thankyou