driving me crazy!!!

Options
So, I weighed myself today to find that I've only lost one pound in two weeks.
Granted, some days I've been eating more than 1400 calories (although some days i've eaten less), but I've also been biking to work 3-4 times a week, thirty to forty minutes each way (so 1 hour to 1 hour twenty total at 14-15mph), and my job is doing genetic research so I'm on my feet all day and running around the lab, definitely very active.
So then my final hope was that I've lost inches.
And I have- I went from 25.5 to 24.5 on my waist, 33 to 32 on my hips and 28 to 27 on my chest. So I've basically l lost an inch everywhere but i've barely lost any weight.
Is there an explanation for this?
Because I want to actually lose weight :grumble:

Replies

• shutterbug4674
    shutterbug4674 Posts: 3,690 Member
    Options
    It's possible you could have gained muscle, that's what's throwing off the numbers on the scale.
    You've clearly lost body fat as your measurements show.
  • tron3002
    tron3002 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    You should be proud... Look at how may inches you have lost in total. Ever sense I have been exercising thats where I pay the most attention to, not the scale because you are toning up. Getting more lean muscle and making your body look even more amazing than just losing weight. :wink:
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    You should be proud... Look at how may inches you have lost in total. Ever sense I have been exercising thats where I pay the most attention to, not the scale because you are toning up. Getting more lean muscle and making your body look even more amazing than just losing weight. :wink:

tron said it! Forget the numbers on the scale. Go by inches and how your clothes feel! Also, make sure you are eating ENOUGH cals. 1400 seems pretty low, given your activity level. And remember, as you get closer to your goal weight, your rate of loss will be slower.:flowerforyou:
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I know, lost 1/2. I told myself it's a lot better than gaining which is what I had been doing!
  • rstendie
    rstendie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well...I looked at your food diary and if you are tracking everything you are eating than you are NOT eating enough at all. You are only eating like 600-800 cal a day and sometimes less.......doing that puts your body into starvation mode! Not to mention all the damage you would be doing to your organs. Maybe look back at your diaries to see what you are really eating and doing for exercise and modify it so you are eating enough to offset the exercise you get. Than you should start seeing results on the scale. HTH :)
  • mojomcgee
    mojomcgee Posts: 50
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat and the inches show you're losing so don't worry about it. The scale will catch up. How your clothes fit will also give you an indication how you're doing. Sometimes the scale can cause us to lose motivation so try not to obsess over it too much.
  • tori_anne
    tori_anne Posts: 28
    Options
    Well...I looked at your food diary and if you are tracking everything you are eating than you are NOT eating enough at all. You are only eating like 600-800 cal a day and sometimes less.......doing that puts your body into starvation mode! Not to mention all the damage you would be doing to your organs. Maybe look back at your diaries to see what you are really eating and doing for exercise and modify it so you are eating enough to offset the exercise you get. Than you should start seeing results on the scale. HTH :)

Oh hahaha, no, especially for the last week, I've only beeen tracking my calories from breakfast until lunch, it's just harder for me to track my calories from dinner onward because my mom makes my dinner (I'm a college student at home for the summer). And I do have snacks after that too. Last night I had ben and jerry's ice cream >:) becuase I onnly had vegetables and fruit and tofu really.
  • tori_anne
    tori_anne Posts: 28
    Options
    And thank you everybody for telling me to focus on inches and not the scale.
    I did think I looked thinner which is why it was driving me crazy that I haven't lost barely any weight..
    I guess I'm too number oriented.
  • jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Options
    You've got a great problem...imagine if you kept losing inches at this rate for the next month or two! Your body fat is MELTING and that's why you have inches lost. The pounds will follow in their own sweet time. Start counting those evening calories. It might be hard at first, but if you get used to looking things up and making your best guestimate than that will make a huge difference. Every calorie matters!

Congratulations on your success! :flowerforyou: