Success Story? Not really, but positive things.

Options
ding30180
ding30180 Posts: 53 Member
OK, been here for 7 days - yes, only 7 days, but there are DEFINITELY a few positive things happening already. I have absolutely no doubt this will get harder, but for now here's the good news;

1. Hit the calorie goal of 1760 for seven straight days.

This was without any excessive exercise, and simply thinking about what I ate more than I normally do. The food adjustment part of this has really been incredibly easy for me so far (with the exception of cutting back on beer). I've not really felt hungry or been tempted much at all (except for beer), and I am beginning to feel fuller more quickly.

2. I definitely have more energy during the day.

Probably as a result of better nutrition as much as anything else, but a tangible effect very early in the process.

3. I'm sleeping better.

Deeper, and uninterrupted. Wife also says I am snoring less and breathing less deeply too.

4. Blood Pressure has dropped.

This is the most bizarre change. In the two months before I started MFP 7 days ago, I averaged 117.9-73.5. In the last four days I have averaged 108-64!

I am not going to weigh myself for at least two weeks, maybe even longer than that, since although weight loss is a goal, at this stage I am happy to feel a little more energized than I did a week ago and to feel as though steps have been taken. Maybe some of this is in my mind rather than factual, but either way I feel better than I did 7 days ago.

Like I said, hardly 'success', but very encouraging for me. Now I'm going to have a beer!

Replies

• elfy66
    elfy66 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Well done :)

Keep off the scales for now, do what you're doing, sounds great :)

PS do your measurements and record and if you can, take a photo.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all the positive changes!

.........sorry to hear about the beer :sad:
  • migoi357
    migoi357 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I don't know...what you described was a pretty good definition of success. This weight loss thing is kind of a Mount Everest type of journey. Pretty much every accounting I've read about a Mount Everest climb leads me to believe that EVERY step in the right direction should be considered a success. Way to go...good job.
  • ding30180
    ding30180 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    This is an inspiring post :) I know it's just a 7 day update, but you've hit so many non-scale victories in the post! Props to you! :) Keep up the great work and can't wait to see your success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!