Birth control and weight loss

Options
So, Ive been on birth control for almost 11 years, since i was 14. Since then my weight has yo-yo'ed easily up and down. I plan to come off it shortly, and was curious if anyone has noticed easier weight loss once they came off the birth control after extended use...

Replies

• Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Maybe a few lbs but not a lot. I was on bc from 15 til 28 then after my daughter was born for a few yrs.

I did find I was a lot less emotional. The ups and down lead to be eating which lead to weight gain.
  • bigredhearts
    Options
    i actually am very "touchy" as people would say and when i started to think about it, i thought it may have some to do with the bc. glad to see someone else confirm this.
  • allie_girl
    Options
    The only thing that happened to me when I went off the pill was that I stopped getting a regular period. I am back on it, and still not regular. I was on it for 7 years.
  • 0AmyMarie0
    0AmyMarie0 Posts: 315
    Options
    I gained a ton...I got pregnant the first month off it LOL
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    i quit using bc a few months ago. in the past month i have lost 12 lbs. idk if it has any corilation to quiting, or just sticking to my healthy life style.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    All I've noticed is the extra weight gain in the tata region.... which I am TOTALLY ok with :)
  • Rayjee
    Rayjee Posts: 2
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

I had the opposite effect actually... I was never regular and because of that, I had a problem being able to control my weight. (Wasn't the main problem but one of the bigger issues.) As soon as I started the pills, I became regular and after two months of it --was able to maintain stable weight loss with them. They have helped me a lot and I questioned whether it was the pills or not. For a couple of months in between, I ran out of my prescription and gained weight quickly before starting again.

So for me, the pills helped a LOT. But I think it depends a lot on your body and what issues you may have.

Hope this helps somewhat! <3
  • tofindmyselfprettyagain
    Options
    I gained a lot of weight on bc, even though my appetite decreased. I lost a little bit after getting off of it, but it was still hard for to lose weight afterwords. Then again I recently found out about my allergy to gluten, and since I haven't eaten any I've lost quite a bit.

But I have never been a super emotional person, but I was just a nasty person on birth control. A lot of people are that way.
  • ellesoul
    ellesoul Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    bump