I need a kick in the butt..........

Options
I have 16 pounds to go. I have lost 74 pounds in 9 months!!! However it seems as my clothes get smaller I feel the same as I did when I was 235 lbs. I know I have physically changed, but my brain says something different. I have eaten poorly the past 6 days, but have gotten back on track today. Just feel like I'm getting bored of the same old routine and need suggestions on a refresher to keep my strong desire to make this happen. I did decided that I am starting couch to 5k (C25K) tomorrow. Any suggestions?

Replies

• CntryGirl78
    CntryGirl78 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    First of all, way to go on the success!!! Sounds like you've already set a great way to change it up. Keep up the great work!! YOU CAN DO IT
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    You may feel the same as when you were 235, but you certainly don't look the same. Buy a pair of really great fitting jeans and put on a pair of heels if you wear them. Go to the nearest mall, and look at yourself in the mirror. That will get you going on the last 16.

You always look slimmer than you feel when you've lost that much weight. The brain is a funny thing. Don't let your brain derail you from your last few.

Good Luck!
  • determinedhealthy
    determinedhealthy Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the encouragement!! Might just try that mall idea :)
  • mishmash73
    mishmash73 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Put before & after pictures up so you can see the difference. but also remember... that what you are doing should be a lifestyle change... your 'cheats' shouldn't be like it was before you lost all this weight. Just reiterating what i remind myself. No longer can I even imagine woofing down a cinnabon & pasta in the same day or any big foods like that. the goal isn't to lose the weight as much as it should be to keep it off.
  • butterfly10398
    Options
    The biggest motivator for me when I'm feeling down about myself... Is pulling out pics of me when I was at my biggest and then pulling up pics of me now and comparing so I can really SEE the results of what I've done... it gives me the encouragement I need that I can ONLY get from me... BUT also, I notice when I'm exercising i'm more prone to eat healthy... And now I actually CRAVE healthy foods like fruits and veggies... Just jump back in... You can do it! 16 pounds to go!!!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    See my profile pic? That's what C25K can lead too... that was me finishing my first half marathon this fall! This is from a girl who NEVER ran a mile until she was 38 years old! You are powerful!!! You are strong and your body image will follow. I agree with the girl who said to get some clothes that REALLY fit and check yourself out. You'll be surprised and happy with the results! Don't worry about the size, just make sure they fit you now. Show yourself off! You've worked hard and you deserve to feel beautiful!

That should help you get back on track to lose the last bit as well! Good luck!