HELP!!!! STUCK AT A LOSS OF 17 POUNDS AND NEED TO LOSE MORE!

Options
HELLO!
I am trying very hard to lose weight. I eat about 1330 to 1450 calories a day and exercise and burn up to 500 calories three days a week.
I have not been able to lose any more than 17 pounds. I tried decreasing exercise while staying at 1330 calories. I have tried decreasing calories; I have tried increasing exercise and keeping the calories at 1330.
I don't know what else to do.
Can someone please give me some advice?

thanks!
Stuck at 221!:sad: :sad:

Replies

• honestlysweet
    honestlysweet Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    When you say you try this or that, how long do you try it for? A week? A day? Two weeks? How did you lose the 17 pounds? BTW, congrats on that.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
    How much do you weigh?
    Age?
    Body fat%?

I'll help you!
  • aircantu1
    aircantu1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Watching for answers, I'm stuck too
  • dswood
    dswood Posts: 12
    Options
    I am in exactly the same situation, except that I had to stop exercising in Jan. due to back surgery. I am really having to watch my food intake due to the inactivity. Here are a few ideas that my trainer told me:
    1. your body gets used to routine. Somedays you need to change caloric intake. You can have a high calorie day, then a low calorie day. This will sometimes shock your metabolism into working better.
    2. Find something you are doing routinely and change it up. For example, I was eating pre-packaged frozen lunches everyday (Lean Cuisine, etc.) These are really high in sodium. I stopped eating these or cut them down to once a week, and I started losing again.

Good luck!
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    You CAN increase your calories...I was stuck one week because MFP had lowered my cals too low (in my opinion) so the next week I increased my cals and I started losing weight again. Also... its not just about the scale. The scale only measures pounds lost, not muscle gained or inches lost. So you may want to start tracking those as well.

When I was stuck that week and couldnt lose I ordered a body fat analyzer as well as measuring tape.I told myself I was going to work through that plateau and the results WOULD follow...Now I track all different changes in my body (BMI, Body Fat Percentages, Inches, Endurance etc) not just the scale. Its much less stressful and keeps me pushing through the tough weeks.

Message me or send request if you'd like to be friends - I joined in January as well :smile:
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
    How much do you weigh?
    Age?
    Body fat%?

I'll help you!

Anyone?

Bueler?
    Bueler?