Top 20 Worst Resteraunt Meals In America!

Options
2»

Replies

• chrispchef1
    Options
    That Awesome Blossom is sooooooooooooooooooo good. I wonder if there is a way to make a low-cal version???? Hmmmmmmm I'll have to think on that one.

Memaw

Hungry Girl (www.hungrygirl.com) has tons of fast food swap outs... haven't tried the onion rings but here is the recipe and I might give it a try tonight -- all this talk about bloomin onions is making me NEED SOME!

Ingredients:
    1 large onion
    1/4 cup original Egg Beaters
    1/2 cup crushed Fiber One Cereal

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut edges off onion, and remove outer layer. Cut onion into 1/2 inch wide slices, and separate into rings. Next, fill a small bowl (just large enough for onion rings to fit in) with Egg Beaters. Using a blender or food processor, grind Fiber One cereal to a breadcrumb-like consistency. Pour crumbs onto a small dish. One by one, coat each ring in egg and then crumbs (give each ring a shake after the egg bath). Place on an oven-safe baking dish sprayed with nonstick spray. Cook for 20-25 minutes, flipping rings over about halfway through. Serves one.

Serving Size: 15 rings; one recipe
    Calories: 153. Fat: 1g; Sodium: 225mg; Carbs: 41g; Fiber: 16g; Sugars: 7g; Protein: 9g
    Weight Watchers - 2 Points!
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I have got to try that recipe! YUM! I have some onions, but would need to buy the cereal. It sounds so good, thanks for giving us the nutritional info too!
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    How in the world do they get so many calories into these things? I have made the homemade version of several of these things, they taste basically the same, and while not exactly health food they don't have nearly as many calories.
    Someone shared the good idea that if you are going to have these things though either share and/or ask for a to go box before you even start so you can keep out a small portion and box up the rest. Just don't eat the contents of the whole box when you get home (done that - :blushing: )
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    It's amazing what is in some of this food. That's why I always try to go online before going out and trying to plan my menu. Other times you just have to use common sense. I say, once in a GREAT while is not going to kill you or demolish your weight loss, but eating this crap all the time will definitely add up.

This jerk I use to date, we would go out to dinner almost every night and going to places like Outback, Chili's, Olive Garden and such. I gain LOTS of weight at that time. It's not worth it.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    WOW:noway:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    So glad I never get to eat out much....lmbo...omg I'm feeling bloated from reading all the sodium in stuff not good for anyone especially those suffering w/ high bp!

hugs and yikes!
    Ail
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    :heart: I think these restaurants could do better then they are for healthier meals.
  • Soniabruja
    Options
    Never heard about those "restaurants", or the food......:sick: :sick: :sick:
    Never been in McDonals in my life!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    ( i hope my kids will follow my steps, and never ask me for McD.)

Sonia:flowerforyou:
  • anothergoat
    anothergoat Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    They didn't list PF Changs Great Wall of Chocolate....over 2100 calories!

I have learned to research the restaurants and pick out what I am going to eat before we leave home....what a shock it was to learn that items on the menu I thought were "good" were loaded with calories. (Especially those big salads.)

Say what you like about McDonald's, but I really appreciate the restaurants that provide nutrition information. Just try to find info for Applebee's or Fudrucker's. On the other hand, Red Robin's site is actually kind of fun - you can add and subtract toppings and sides and it will recalculate the nutrition info for you. Of course, I learned my favorite Whiskey River BBQ burger is over 1100 calories! :sad:

When I joined MFP back in January, it was the middle of basketball season. We have season tickets and even travel to some of the away games - so we end up eating out once or twice a week. But I have managed to lose 23 lbs. by making better choices, taking half my order home and increasing my exercise on "eat out" days. :drinker:
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    If you want some good reading, buy the book, Eat This not That! It's amazing! It helps you for when you eat out and also helps with what to buy in the grocery store! get it!
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options

Say what you like about McDonald's, but I really appreciate the restaurants that provide nutrition information.

I have to say I completely agree. And i quite like their healthy options like the grilled chicken ceasar salad which is under 300 clas and has around 9g fat which isn't too bad at all and it means i can join my friends when they go!