Disgusted at my energy leval and shape I am in

Options
I did 30 jumping jacks, 10 burpees, and sit ups per the week one , day 3 200 sit up challenge, oh and 35 jumps with a jumping rope. And I am exhausted. I feel so heavy. I feel so out of shape. Guess I just needed to vent on this. Thanks for letting me.:noway:

Replies

• Hollybot
    Hollybot Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    The thing to remember is that YOU DID THOSE THINGS!!!!! You could have sat on the couch, but you got you booty up and moving. Great job :)
  • p_barron
    p_barron Posts: 63
    Options
    You should be proud of yourself and the best way to get back into shape is to keep doing those things you are doing. You are doing so well.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it!

I remember the first time I attempted to run... I only ran for three full minutes and once I was finished, I burst into tears. It was out of frustration about how badly I treated my body, that I could barely run for three minutes without feeling like I was going to die.

But I kept at it... adding just a few minutes (sometimes only 30 seconds) to the time I ran.... and now, just three years from that first run of three minutes? Well, I'm training for my 6th Half Marathon. :happy:

You can do and you will be so glad you did!
  • lisag2007
    lisag2007 Posts: 130
    Options
    You can do it....and the others are right...you got up and did something and every little bit counts. I remember when I first started trying to lose weight in 2009, I kept a log and weighed every day. I didn't notice at the time, but once I hit my goal, there was one month where all I lost was 1.5 pounds. In an entire month!!! If I had noticed it then, I probably would have just given up, but thankfully I didn't and kept trudging along and finally got rid of those extra 25 pounds. And then I got the wonderful news that I was pregnant. I truly believe losing the weight helped me have this wonderful bundle of joy I have running around. We had lost two previous pregnancies and I was only thinking....I want to get healthy and feel better. Anyway, moral of the story is really that every little bit counts. Any bit of moving is better than sitting and it's burning calories, even if at small amounts. I keep reading things that tell me to get up and do something during commercial breaks - crunches, jumping jacks, etc. It all amounts to something at the end of the day. You have lost 11 pounds and that is fantastic. Take a deep breath, look at your accomplishments and keep going. You are doing great!!!
  • apvalletta
    apvalletta Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Be proud that you DID it. If you are anything like me, you probably couldn't do that before. It will get better. just keep trying. ;-)
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    You will soon do the same workout and think that you need to add more to it! You are on your way!!!
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is a great routine! I don't think I could do that many burpees for $500! :blushing:

I get it - doing rigorous exercise when your butt and belly are swaying back and forth can be a bit unnerving, but you're headed in the right direction! Keep up the fabulous work.
  • itsgood
    itsgood Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    stay the course...success has a way of creeping up on you! You'll find yourself realizing how much easier it gets, but only if you stay with it. Make it your habit to get up and do something every day!
  • misty92
    misty92 Posts: 10
    Options
    Just keep taking baby steps you can't do everything all at once and this is from experience. Keep up the good work and keep moving!
  • NekaLee
    NekaLee Posts: 51
    Options
    You sound like me when I'm having a "moment" Don't be disgusted. You already know what to do to get in better shape. What you're doing is a start!!!! Be proud and use that 'disgust' to fuel you to do more each day!!! *hugs*
  • HOWDY11
    HOWDY11 Posts: 23
    Options
    You keep your chin up and DON'T put down my friend! You can do thisXOXOXO:flowerforyou:
  • 0AmyMarie0
    0AmyMarie0 Posts: 315
    Options
    You will be SHOCKED at how that improves, trust me!! 50 days ago I couldnt do more than 5 pushups ON MY KNEES, I couldn't do more than 10 situps, I felt so awful. Now I can do 100 situps on a balance ball, I can do 50 pushups with my feet on the balance ball! Trust me, keep up the hard work and you will be amazed what you can do!
  • bellanena
    bellanena Posts: 74
    Options
    The others are absolutely right! And give yourself some more credit..burpees...yikes!! Those are hard! You did amazing, and it WILL get better, just keep at it!
  • 2012ellen
    Options
    great job, keep it up, your energy will soar!! What is a burpee????
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    You will be amazed at how quickly your fitness improves. You are doing well and no need to be disgusted. I was just the same when I started out. Keep it up and in a few weeks you will look back and be amazed at how far you have come.

Good luck with your journey:flowerforyou:
  • KittyMerlot
    Options
    Amazing. I applaud you! ::::clapping::::: I tried rope jumping, but, my back & knees said "OH, NO YOU DON'T!!" so I had to stop!!!
    You are so wonderful.....what I decided to DO instead, is to shove my clothes on, tennis shoes, my old CD disk player around my neck with head phones..haha...and I walked 15 minutes ONE way then 15 minutes returning.....I nearly died but, my knees and back would NOT take those INCREDIBLE sit-ups you are doing!!!
    I am currently UP to walking 50 minutes one way and then walking home 50 minutes (yes, wearing same dinosaur CD player headphones) but, my back isn't crying for a heating pad!!
    You are just SO amazing......being 59 doesn't help, but, gotta move so I can say "Hey!! I walked!!" Yay for you!!!! :)
  • upmihah
    upmihah Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've been at it for 9 weeks now and it's amazing that the Zumba classes I thought were going to kill me are now like - oh is it over - I barely broke a sweat. Core stuff is still hard though, but Sunday I did my first plank hold, then lowered to the ground in control without dropping to my knees or belly first. Didn't even know I was doing it until it was over. Keep going every day. Today it was just a leisurely dog walk for me, no cardio or anything, but not that long ago a leisurely dog walk once a month was the only thing I ever did and it took all my energy to do it. Now I feel like it's the easiest thing I did all day.
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Thank you so so much everyone. I will NOT give up and will keep going. Hearing from all of you has helped my spirit tremendously! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    All that work. You just gave yourself a big hug and kiss. Like other posters said, you'll soon be outdoing yourself. Great effort!