Is this Diet a Scam Or What???

Options

Replies

• gollyitsmolly
    Options
    Trying to find out about this GM diet ...that is FDA approved... Is it healthy and is the weight loss permanent?

http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/~jajoo/gmdiet.html

this is the link tell me what you think?:happy:

What do you think? The site has no ties to a medical, educational or national organization. Merely saying something is FDA approved is hardly reassuring. Quite frankly If it sounds ridiculous it probably is. Additionally, in my opinion, there is no realistic way any weight loss that you might incur would be sustainable! Long term weight loss comes from meticulous effort, hard work and a long term commitment to a healthy lifestyle. Good luck meeting your goals!:happy:
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Big hoax, of Indian origin.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Googled this. Some sites say it was developed at Johns Hopkins in the 80's some say GM knows nothing. Just another fad diet that may show quick results but probably would gain it all back fairly quickly.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    How did you get your hands on this, this was never intended for the public. This was an experimental diet that the FDA used on G.M. employees back in the 80's. they saw the obesity epidemic coming and this was their answer. It obviously it failed so it was never let out to the public.

(not serious)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    don't be a sucker
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Avoid all diets that use the word "diet".
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Been there done that.....it's another fad. Cabbage Soup diet with a few tweaks is all that is.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I imagine it would work. You'll probably be miserable, lose lots of weight (mostly water), and gain at least half of it back by day 13.
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    It's been mentioned before and waste of time. The results would be temporarily.
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    I posted this diet around 6 weeks ago asking if anyone wanted to try it...I didn`t get one single reply...Lol
  • nelnova
    nelnova Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    LOL you all are great and full of Info....I was just basically trying to see if it was a good idea to try it and just test it out to see if I could get any results... I been at a plateau for about 5-7 weeks at 215-220 and basically I am testing this to see if it can clean up my eating a little bit better! I'm not looking for dramatic weight loss from this ...maybe just 5-7 pounds and a cleaner stomach lol
  • gersoco
    gersoco Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Following a diet named after a bankrupt auto manufacturer that was bailed out by the American people is never a good idea.
  • ff1diver
    ff1diver Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Why do you think you need to try this "diet" anyway????
  • nelnova
    Options
    Why do you think you need to try this "diet" anyway????

to re-start my weight loss
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Simple math lesson. My TDEE is 2700 calories per day. That's 18900 calories a week. In order to lose 10 pounds in a week I'd need a deficit of roughly 35000 calories. Even if I ate nothing at all for an entire week, I'd still only barely make it halfway to that deficit. Does that sound realistic or believable?
  • nelnova
    Options
    Update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I lost 10.7lbs from using this Diet!!! but like I said it was only just to restart my weight loss and stop the plat I was having....but any way I dont feel weak or tired and I will NOT!!! do it again for at least 3months or so!!!lol it was just a cleanse for me But feel free to try it

Love

Peace

and

FOH!.....lol
  • watboy
    watboy Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Oh man this is great news. I can't wait to start it!
  • purplelilac123
    purplelilac123 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It sounds like The Cabbage soup Diet. My aunt lost a lot of weight on that a few years ago but gained the weight back quickly when she stopped it. The weight loss did not last. hopefully with good eating it will stay off for you.
  • lorraine311
    lorraine311 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Diets don't work! It's all about nutrition!!! :)
  • watboy
    watboy Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Kidding