Does anyone use Biotin to help you lose weight?

Options
txcraftr
txcraftr Posts: 133 Member
I just started to use it and I think it is helping. I seem to have more energy and my blood sugar is more even than it had been. From what I have read there are no toxic sde effects even at high doses and it helps you lose weight and good for diabetics.

Replies

• Kaylaj21
    Kaylaj21 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I had weight loss surgery and i used it to help with hair loss and nail problems...
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I use it for my hair
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    i have NEVER heard Biotin could do that! :ohwell:
    i know it is great for hair and nail growth & strength, however.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I enjoy losing weight by eating at a modest calorie deficit and having an active lifestyle.
  • missbethea
    missbethea Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I've been taking it for my hair. I've noticed it's growing faster and my nails are stronger. That's all I know of that it is useful for.
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I enjoy losing weight by eating at a modest calorie deficit and having an active lifestyle.
    ^this.
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Agreed with most of the others.

Nothing in the weight loss area, but my hair & nails grow at a crazy speed now!
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options

crazy talk!
  • jenrod1118
    jenrod1118 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I used to take it for my hair but now i take an all natural Greens supplement with vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, and enzymes.
  • stablesong
    stablesong Posts: 224
    Options
    I take it when I remember for my hair and nails. I've never heard of it having weight loss benefits though.
  • JSMSDSAS05
    JSMSDSAS05 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    what is this biotin? is it pills? i'd like to use it for stronger nails!
  • jedavis824
    Options
    All B vitamins are going to be good for energy, but B12 is the best for that
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I've been taking it for 2 months and it hasn't done anything for weight loss. That's not what I bought it for though. I got it to help with hair and nails, but it hasn't done anything for that either! Actually my nails seem weaker!
  • singledj
    singledj Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I take it for my hair.....haven't noticed any benefit for weight loss.
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Don't know if it helps with weight loss but I take it for hair and nails also
  • phillieschic
    Options
    I used it for awhile for healthy hair, skin and nails. I never heard anything about weight loss benefits. I am a vitamin supplement junkie. LOL. Swanson Vitamins loves ME! :)
  • Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Biotin does help the body burn fat and create energy, but there have been no studies that link it to weight loss. But, that being said, it may help provide you with a little extra energy for working out! And of course, it is good for your skin, hair, and nails!

I've just started trying to take one everyday because I really damaged my hair last year with a color treatment I used, so I want it to grow faster to get the damaged part out!
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I take it for my hair since I have PCOS, lost a ton of weight and it started falling out. Hair is growing back nicely, nails have to be cut weekly but haven't noticed much difference with regards to weight loss/energy while taking them.
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I use it for my hair because my Topamax has a side effect of hair loss so I'm trying to stop that before it starts since I already have thin hair.